iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just did a restore as new on my 5S and everything seems fine so far. I still have my 5th generation iPod touch to do at some point but I'll see how the update goes on my 5S before I update my iPod touch.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed no difference between ios 8 and 8.0.2. With that said, that is not really a bad thing since ios 8 was running really well for me.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
on my dads wifi doing the update as we speak. it appears that this is a solid update and much needed to smooth out most of the issues that some of us have been having

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not really a bug, but as I used my phone this morning,I noticed my battery going down really fast. I noticed the geotag icon in the status bar. I looked everywhere for what was using that. I finally found it in system services in location services. Toggled it off. Battery seems better now . Here's the culprit :
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411743358.139084.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Not really a bug, but as I used my phone this morning,I noticed my battery going down really fast. I noticed the geotag icon in the status bar. I looked everywhere for what was using that. I finally found it in system services in location services. Toggled it off. Battery seems better now . Here's the culprit :
View attachment 66317

I just checked my setting in the location system services and found I had this enabled also. I can say my battery life has been very good so I had no complaints. I toggled this off now, I usually turn these types of things off but I must've overlooked this one.

My usual battery life on average is a good 2-1/2 to 3 hours of usage at about the 75% battery mark, majority of usage is on Wi-Fi. So now that I turned that feature off I may get even better battery life.....? We'll see.:)

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 66317

I just toggled off several ones in there that should not be on. Thanks

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
your phone doesn't use battery does that when the location services say "always" or "while using" but the whole thing is OFF
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411750863.178978.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411750878.768627.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my setting in the location system services and found I had this enabled also. I can say my battery life has been very good so I had no complaints. I toggled this off now, I usually turn these types of things off but I must've overlooked this one.

My usual battery life on average is a good 2-1/2 to 3 hours of usage at about the 75% battery mark, majority of usage is on Wi-Fi. So now that I turned that feature off I may get even better battery life.....? We'll see.:)

Ok I'm such a ditz LOL. I toggled location based alerts off earlier not thinking. I just made a Dunkin Donuts run and couldn't figure out why passbook didn't automatically open on my lock screen... :face-palm: Lmao! DUH! now I know why I left location based alerts turned ON in the first place :p

.... And yes I really did just quote myself:D lol

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Is this only on a 6? I don't see it in in my 5s

ripcity00

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So thankful for the folks who take the time to alert the rest of us in here when there's an issue with an update. I never download iOS 8.0.1 because of the posts in here. I'm happy to report that 8.0.2 downloaded, installed, and seems to be running fabulously on my iPhone5 & iPad Air. In fact I am enjoying using my 5 so much that I'm seriously considering waiting until this time next year to upgrade to a 6(s?). How crazy is that? 😱😋

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chris, No Follow this menu route: settings/privacy/location services/system services.

You'll find those items there;)

didn't scroll down far enough. Are any of 'em a big deal expect "wi-fi networking & "cell network search" if you have allof 'em turned OFF will wifi or call network work?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, I decided to do a complete wipe. The phone is pretty well set up where I want it.
I just didn't like where the battery life was headed.
Especially since I was working up until 11:30, and my phone was not being used.
Battery life dropped to 56%. I will follow your advice Pink, and let the battery run out completely.

ripcity00

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Not crazy at all! We had a similar experience with the ios 7 update. After initial stabilization patches we updated both of our phones and liked it so much, I skipped an update cycle and just jumped from a 4s to a 6. My wife has decided to keep her 5 for now since ios 8 has so much to offer. Now I'm debating about wether to take a chance on my ipad 2 for one for year and just leave it at ios 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox