iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Updated my fianc?'s (taking donations for our wedding!...lol) Sprint 5S 16 gig with no issues. I used iTunes to update because she doesn't have enough space for OTA. She was asleep when I did it because she gets irritated that I update her phone instead of her doing it on her time.

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Updated my iPhone 6 from 8.0 successfully. Definitely feels snappier. I did notice that the lock screen is still zoomed even though I have my display set to "standard".

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So thankful for the folks who take the time to alert the rest of us in here when there's an issue with an update. I never download iOS 8.0.1 because of the posts in here. I'm happy to report that 8.0.2 downloaded, installed, and seems to be running fabulously on my iPhone5 & iPad Air. In fact I am enjoying using my 5 so much that I'm seriously considering waiting until this time next year to upgrade to a 6(s?). How crazy is that? 😱😋

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, now my phone is stuck at the iTunes/cable logo for some reason and won't update.

For some reason, none of my iPhones like my primary computer. I've had this issue going back to my iPhone 5s, 5 and 4 and I though I had rectified this issue, but no. It's driving me up the bloody wall.

I'll have to use another computer to restore to factory then connect to my main computer and restore the backup I just made. Jesus H Christ I hate this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hate the Facebook app so use the safari browser instead. When I try to upload a pic I still get the message "sorry, photo uploading isn't available for Safari on iOS 8 just yet. We've notified Apple and are working together to fix this. Please try again later."
You might like the Facebook client Friendly+. It's a nice alternative to the Facebook app. You can have multiple accounts on the same app, and it has color themes. It's a lot like Facebook in Safari, but with more features.
Friendly+ paid version:
Friendly+ for Facebook with AdBlock by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/4AqXw.i
Free version:
Friendly for facebook free app, the #1 alternative fb app by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/6QH2x.i

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You might like the Facebook client Friendly+. It's a nice alternative to the Facebook app. You can have multiple accounts on the same app, and it has color themes. It's a lot like Facebook in Safari, but with more features.
Friendly+ paid version:
Friendly+ for Facebook with AdBlock by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/4AqXw.i
Free version:
Friendly for facebook free app, the #1 alternative fb app by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/6QH2x.i

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I have to agree with Ledsteplin above. I use Friendly+ too and it's well worth a punt. It's far less annoying than the official Facebook App.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Updated the Air and 5C at 630 this morn/both OTA. Each device took about 5, maybe tops of 10 mins to update from start to finish. No issues here.

I also have the iCloud photo library beta option avail as well.

shakeitsalome

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Went ahead and updated last night. No problems whatsoever on my 5s. After installing 8, twitter had been slow and at times unresponsive. This seems to have solved that for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I hate the Facebook app so use the safari browser instead. When I try to upload a pic I still get the message "sorry, photo uploading isn't available for Safari on iOS 8 just yet. We've notified Apple and are working together to fix this. Please try again later."

My cousin is having the same issue.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.0.2 released

Ditto. In process with my iPad Mini right now. Will then do my 5s if all goes well......