Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Default Re: iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Yea but it shouldn't be that way.
    You can say that again! The last two versions of iOS have been way too buggy. Very discouraging.

Default iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs

Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    You can say that again! The last two versions of iOS have been way too buggy. Very discouraging.
    I know. Reminds me of Android.
    That's probably why Apple wants to stay closed off to third party software.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    I know. Reminds me of Android.
    That's probably why Apple wants to stay closed off to third party software.
    Or worse
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,086 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Not really a bug, but as I used my phone this morning,I noticed my battery going down really fast. I noticed the geotag icon in the status bar. I looked everywhere for what was using that. I finally found it in system services in location services. Toggled it off. Battery seems better now . Here's the culprit :
    Attachment 66317

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Mine was on as well. Tks Ledsteplin

If you scroll all the way down the same screen there is an item called Traffic.
    Do you have any idea what this does?
    Does it give me Traffic info when I'm in Maps or Siri asking for directions?
    TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 09-27-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    iMore Newbie

Messages badge doesn't update when a message is read from anywhere other than the messages app
    iMore Intermediate

If you had favorite contacts (I used a favorite list so that they still could call me while using "Do not disturb") you might want to check your list of favorite contacts. My list was completely empty today.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

8.0.2 on my iPhone 6... This morning I needed directions so I went into the stock maps. Found my destination and selected the route... The voice came on and told me to proceed to the route.. When it came time to turn , instead of saying "turn right on shore rd" it said "turn right on $$?77t". (Speaking out "dollar sign, dollar sign...etc" At first I though it was a different language!! We were laughing about it. But as we kept driving it was EVERY ROAD. I had to exit out of maps and used Waze instead.
    Have not seen any other issues.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,563 Global Posts

So here's what I noticed after I did a complete wipe of the 5C, and restored it as a new device. Battery life is better, but apps like Safari occasionally crash when I open them. And the device seems to have a lot of lag lately.
    What's strange, the iPad Mini has been fine without issues, and the battery life is great.
    Edit: I have also noticed the App Store is messed up.
    When I go into the App Store, and look at my purchased apps.
    It shows I only have 28 apps installed. 3 apps are somewhere in limbo, since my phone has 31.
    Now I may stand corrected. When you purchase an app, or anything from the iTunes Store. Whether or not you choose to back up your phone through iCloud, or iTunes.
    The purchased apps always sit in the cloud, you just have to load them manually.
    Which is what I choose to do, since I always prefer to restore my phone as a new device.
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-27-2014 at 10:37 PM.
    iMore Newbie

Definitely have some Bluetooth issues on the iPad Air. Working perfectly on my iPhone 6.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Updated my iphone 6 fine. No bluetooth issues. The only thing had to do was manually go into the bluetooth settings and pair it once.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    I just dug thru my logs on my 6P and I see the same multiple times a day. I didn't know it was there until I just checked so I'm not going to worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    I've noted these logs on my Air, 5C and all 3 of my parents iPad Airs & mini as well. My Air was updated with a clean install through iTunes, while the'rents 3 iPads/mini as well as my 5C were done OTA. I didn't know they were there until another member, Emt, brought it up last week in the "have you upgraded your 5C to iOS 8" thread. Hubbys 5C was also done OTA but I haven't even looked into his.

Since then I haven't stressed over it at all because I didn't even know they were there and all devices are running great.

FWIW, when I was in the Apple store also last week, I just peeked in on a few 6's and 6+'s and they were showing the same error logs.
    I'm not worried about my device at all either but I think the amount of logs I get is a bit excessive. I did give feedback to Apple about it so they might look into it. I did find a Apple discussion thread also so at least I'm not the only one https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6539245

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

After updating to iOS 8.0.2 my sound doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it's intermittent sometimes it's not at all. Hmmm
    I made an appointment with the Genius Bar for tomorrow. I wonder if I should hold off till another update?
    Last edited by Ariyala; 09-28-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Ariyala View Post
    After updating to iOS 8.0.2 my sound doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it's intermittent sometimes it's not at all. Hmmm
    I made an appointment with the Genius Bar for tomorrow. I wonder if I should hold off till another update?
    Mine was perfect until I tried third party keyboards.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,957 Global Posts

Honestly I have NO bugs what's so ever. Everything is working flawlessly
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,192 Global Posts

After doing a restore and a battery calibration I have to say my battery life is pretty good right now for how I've used my phone.
    iOS 8.0.2 released. Feedback/bugs-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411989092.425002.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

A couple of times when I used spotlight search the screen will go black. Reboot or turn the device off takes care of it. Anyone else notice this happening?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    A couple of times when I used spotlight search the screen will go black. Reboot or turn the device off takes care of it. Anyone else notice this happening?
    Good morning Pr1nce. I did test this out this morning - I was using spotlight search for 5 minutes straight looking up various different things and did not have a black screen issue come up at all.
    pr1nce likes this.

Good morning Pr1nce. I did test this out this morning - I was using spotlight search for 5 minutes straight looking up various different things and did not have a black screen issue come up at all.
    Thanks Pink. It's strange and happened again yesterday. Have a great day!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    Thanks Pink. It's strange and happened again yesterday. Have a great day!
    Yw, no problem. I hope you get this resolved !! Maybe a reset all settings will knock it out. Perhaps give that a try and see how it goes worst case scenario is you'll have to set all your ringtones, privacy settings etc and what not again.

Yw, no problem. I hope you get this resolved !! Maybe a reset all settings will knock it out. Perhaps give that a try and see how it goes worst case scenario is you'll have to set all your ringtones, privacy settings etc and what not again.
    It's not that big a deal yet. I did erase all content and settings and restore yesterday. I'll see what happens. Thanks again.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I am decidedly having this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    Anyone else having random cell service issues with 8.0.2? I updated last night but really haven't had a chance to use my phone much until about an hour ago. In that time I've lost service 4 times for about 10 to 20 seconds each time. It could be service in the area since I'm camping at the coast but signal, for being 4G, isn't that bad. Funny it happen once while looking at the bug report thread. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thunder33cat View Post
    I am decidedly having this issue.
    Reset your network settings. The only thing you'll have to do when your phone reboots is put in your password(s) for any wifi networks you use in your phone.
    thunder33cat likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I am super confused. Can someone please tell me if iOS 8.0.2 is good enough and stable enough to update to? Should I update or not?
    I am currently on iOS 7.1.2 with jailbreak on my iPhone 5S.

Did a restore through iTunes and my Bluetooth connectivity issue seems to have cleared up. Very well could have been due the OTA update.

And yes 8.0.2 is stable and works great. Dont do the update OTA though. Run it through iTunes.
    Severus111 likes this.

I've found that my iPhone has had a lot of trouble connecting to my company's wifi since upgrading. Once it's connected, it seems largely find, but it's the initial connection that is flakey.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast