iTunes doesn't see all Aperture photos to sync with iPhone 6?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I recall this problem from before but after searching I'm coming up empty handed and may be using the wrong search terms...

OSX 10.9.5 w/ Aperture 3.5.1 and iTunes 11.4 syncing iP6 w/ 8.0. Aperture has 12,469 photos. In iTunes, under the Photos tab for my iP6 when plugged into my Mac I have "Sync Photos from" and Aperture selected where it indicates I have 11,927 photos in Aperture, which is obviously incorrect. No matter what changes I make in Aperture, the number that iTunes is seeing and, subsequently, syncing with my iPhone remains the same. Even if I try to manually select all albums in the entire library, it still produces the wrong number of photos, about the same as checking off to sync everything. For instance, if I view the Last 12 Months album in Aperture, it accurately represents the photos I have taken, but when checking off the Last 12 Months album in iTunes, it is missing nearly 200 photos from the total count.

Is there a process that will fix this? Is there a pref file somewhere I can delete? Thanks for any feedback or assistance.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've never worked with Aperture in my life. But is it possible that maybe Aperture has duplicates which iTunes is recognizing and automatically just doing you a favor so to speak to save you some on board storage on the device?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Or what if you sync those Aperture photos into a single album in iPhoto and see if iTunes syncs the proper amount from that iPhoto album?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Or what if you sync those Aperture photos into a single album in iPhoto and see if iTunes syncs the proper amount from that iPhoto album?

Thanks. I am pretty confident there is a pref file issue or a process to fix this without having to create a more elaborate work around. I'm going to try and hunt that down but appreciate the suggestions. I may have to try something else if I can't find the more definitive fix!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Solved my problem with this:

data synchronization - Why is iTunes only syncing some of the pictures (seemingly randomly) in each Aperture Event to my iPad? - Ask Different

And then found this which is the way I solved it previously:

data synchronization - Why is iTunes only syncing some of the pictures (seemingly randomly) in each Aperture Event to my iPad? - Ask Different

The solution at the first site fixed the issue after I did a subsequent sync. The latter led me to a 20GB iPod Cache Folder that I deleted and was re-created on a second sync. The new file is 80k and all subsequent Aperture are being reflected on the i6 with no issues... glad I got back 20GB of SSD space :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711