iOS 8.0.1 released (update: pulled due to issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.0.1 released

Almost as amazing to me as the number of people who go out of their way to trash Apple... People who don't exercise due diligence and don't take care of their devices are responsible for the results.

So once again now it's not ok to put phones in pockets? Yep ok makes perfect sense, and not talking about back pockets either. Has nothing to do with due diligence or protecting their devices....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

So once again now it's not ok to put phones in pockets? Yep ok makes perfect sense, and not talking about back pockets either. Has nothing to do with due diligence or protecting their devices....
It has EVERYTHING to do with personal responsibility. I go out of my way to take meticulous care of my device(s)... I've never put a phone in my pants pocket...If you put your phone in your pants pocket, you are responsible for what happens to it... were I to put a phone in a pants pocket, and something happened to it - it's MY fault - Not Apple's. Or any other phone maker for that matter.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

It has EVERYTHING to do with personal responsibility. I go out of my way to take meticulous care of my device(s)... I've never put a phone in my pants pocket...If you put your phone in your pants pocket, you are responsible for what happens to it... were I to put a phone in a pants pocket, and something happened to it - it's MY fault - Not Apple's. Or any other phone maker for that matter.

So what you hold the device in your hand at all times? Or put it on a holster? If you can't put a device in your pocket, with nothing else in the pocket and something happens that is a serious QC issue. People have been putting phones in pockets for years and nothing has happened. Now all the sudden this comes up and you shouldn't put a phone in your pocket because it *may* bend. Come on that is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

So what you hold the device in your hand at all times? Or put it on a holster? If you can't put a device in your pocket, with nothing else in the pocket and something happens that is a serious QC issue. People have been putting phones in pockets for years and nothing has happened. Now all the sudden this comes up and you shouldn't put a phone in your pocket because it *may* bend. Come on that is ridiculous.
I use shirt pockets 98% of the time... or holster when no shirt pocket... ridiculous is blaming others for the results of your behavior if you packet a phone in pants pockets and something happens to it...

Now, lets end the thread-jack...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Keith and Premium- I agree with both of your opinions. Here's my take on it. YES we have every right to pocket our devices. Personally I don't. Now with the 5S iPhone model and under they are easier to front pocket without this bendgate issue. With the new 6 and 6+, pocketing in front or back pockets, because it is a larger device unfortunately leaves more playability with the risk of it to bend. So yes these device users need to take more responsibility as far as that goes as well.

I know my reasoning may sound a little off but it's how I'm viewing the physics of the devices build:)

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree on both perspectives as well.
Only because my phone aside of me reading or checking email or texts, is private business
It's always on vibrate and in my pocket in public places.
With that said, and in all honesty.
I kept my Note 2 in my pocket without any real issues.
Although things can happen with the phone in your pocket.
A phone that big in a pants pocket, creates a lot of pressure on the phone.
In reality, a 5.5 inch screen is too big for a pocket.
My Note 2 felt like I was carrying my iPad Mini in my pocket.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]Let's get this thread back on topic... iOS 8.0.1 - those wanting to discuss "Bend-ghazi" can take it to one of several existing threads about it. [/NOTE]

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I use shirt pockets 98% of the time... or holster when no shirt pocket... ridiculous is blaming others for the results of your behavior if you packet a phone in pants pockets and something happens to it...

Now, lets end the thread-jack...

So now not only do you need to buy a case but a holster to? That is ridiculous. This will be my last comment on the matter, it still is unacceptable that you can't stick a phone in a pocket (front and not hipster jeans) with nothing else in the pocket, without worrying about something happening to it. The use a holster excuse is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice