iOS 8.0.1 released (update: pulled due to issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like someone at Apple either took a day off and didn't finish their end of the programming. Or someone pushed the release button a bit to quick at Apple.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The update does not address the unresponsive button tap issue. That's my biggest bug. Or if it did, it was not on the list.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I haven't heard of that one

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I updated my iPhone 5s before I was aware of the warnings. Thankfully it's gone OK without issue. FWIW, I am in the UK on O2.

Thankfully, the update was pulled before I thought about updating my iPad Air. I might have been tempted.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I feel in a minority. I upgraded to 8.0.1 immediately in my 6+ and have had not cellular or Touch ID issues at all. Been using my phone frequently too.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 5C OTA. It took 10 minutes, all seems well. My iPad Mini I did not do because I forgot, so it's still at 8.0.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.0.1 released

I updated my iP5 and my iPad Air and have had no issues with either. It's definitely clear that this mainly affects the new devices. I hope all of those affected get their iPhones up and running ASAP!

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I did a reset, no good. I did a restore as new, DANG badge is still there on my settings icon. Hopefully it'll go away when a good update comes along. Whenever that'll be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Just have to say. This sucked. Good to go again but time was wasted. But for all those iTunes haters...umm...this.

It just works. Phone restored just like I had minus some minor setup details.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just have to say. This sucked. Good to go again but time was wasted. But for all those iTunes haters...umm...this.

It just works. Phone restored just like I had minus some minor setup details.

To this day I still prefer doing restores on iTunes instead of using iCloud. Just faster and don't have to worry what WiFi bandwidth I'm getting.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard of that one

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
Especially in Safari, when I tap the "copy" option at the bottom, I have to do it 3 or 4 times. Also on and off, when I tap a phone number in contacts, favorites, recents and anywhere else, it does nothing. A hard reset fixes it, but it has come back twice. So far 2 days with no issue. [knocks on wood].

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR