Is anyone having problems getting into the Apple iOS 8 update server?

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone having problems getting into the Apple iOS 8 update server? I had no problems updating my iPhone 5S and iPad Air last Thursday. BUT since them I've been trying to update my wife's 5C and 2 older iPads and have gotten download times of like 12 to 30 hours.

The iMac I'm using is connected via wireless LAN and have never had any problems before. I update my 2 devices on my iMAC which is hardwired to my router.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
We have been hearing this since the release and it seems like it could be on Apple side seeing as you already done a few devices already

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The iMac i'm using has a different Apple ID. I tried the update on my main iMac, hard wireds to my router, and it only took 40 minutes. Apparently I might have a WIFI problem although it seems to be working fine using Safari on the internet. I'm going to take the problem iMac down to where I have my router and try a direct connection and see what happens.

soulenigma

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I had that issue a day ago. Finally saw in another post someone recommend changing your DNS server. I did and it worked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having problems getting into the Apple iOS 8 update server? I had no problems updating my iPhone 5S and iPad Air last Thursday. BUT since them I've been trying to update my wife's 5C and 2 older iPads and have gotten download times of like 12 to 30 hours.

The iMac I'm using is connected via wireless LAN and have never had any problems before. I update my 2 devices on my iMAC which is hardwired to my router.

Don't forget that the latest iOS update was pulled by Apple because of the effects it was having on the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. That could be the reason why you're having difficulty. I haven't read anything about Apple re-releasing the update yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73