Deleting Photos taken on iPhone

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
With the new updated photos app in iOS8, I know that every time when I delete photos after I download them to my computer, the photos that were deleted will be removed from "recently added" or "timeline". This did not happen before iOS8, as I like to keep my photos on my computer's hard drive. The only way to get them back is to turn off and than on photo stream on the phone. Seems cumbersome.

I get why Apple has done this and don't need to delete photos off my phone every time I take a picture. However, my question is how long will photos taken be kept on your phone's memory if I just keep taking photos without deleting? Do I still have to manually delete? I take a lot of photos so wouldn't that fill up the phone memory pretty quickly if I can't delete? A little confused. :confused:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You have to manually delete photos from your phone- It will keep taking them until you run out of memory- then you will get an error message if you try to add an app or song or photo etc...

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
You have to manually delete photos from your phone- It will keep taking them until you run out of memory- then you will get an error message if you try to add an app or song or photo etc...
If this is the case, why didn't Apple keep the old way of photo stream whereby you can delete off phone memory and still have it in the stream? Now I have to reset photo stream every time I want to clear my phone memory of photos. Seems like a really bad implementation.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If this is the case, why didn't Apple keep the old way of photo stream whereby you can delete off phone memory and still have it in the stream? Now I have to reset photo stream every time I want to clear my phone memory of photos. Seems like a really bad implementation.

Since we can’t begin to speak for Apple and why they chose to do something the way they did, your best bet is to provide feedback to Apple:
Apple - iPhone - Feedback