Best 'widget' apps?

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I have couple widgets. So my fav.
W. Calendar, iMonitor and Weather widget calling just Widget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To add ProCamera 8 to Launcher, use this:
procamera:// with a word after that like photo, HDR, video and etc. So for regular photos it's
procamera://photo.
You have to make your own icon. Cocologics is updating soon with new widget stuff.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427250006.825690.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Last edited:

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, here's my recent setup of my Notification Center and all widgets of the today view. The picture was too big, that's why I had to upload it somewhere else :p

App/Widget list:
- today summary
- Forecast+ (for weather, you can also expand it to see a forecast of the next days by tapping on the widget)
- WidgetCal (shows all calendar entries and you can customize it with millions of settings, I really think it's the most customizable and awesome calendar widget, and it's free, try it)
- Launcher (launch almost anything, call people, message, Whatsapp message, open apps, open URL schemes, workflows etc. - highly recommend)
- Momentum (show and track habits)
- OmniFocus (Task management system and its widget)
- OneNote (Digital Notebook, widget to see sticky notes, recent notes and options to create new notes, lists etc.
- Paste+ (use the content of the clipboard to perform actions like sending to Whatsapp, Google search it, send it to apps, upload data/pictures etc., open it in maps etc.)
- Widget Timer (basically a timer in your NC, you'll also get notifications when times up and you can open the app directly tapping in the middle, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
- PCalc Lite (calculator for NC, easier and better than the stock calculator, you don't have to leave a app for calculation, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
- DataMan (see you data plan, how much you already used and whats left, it's customizable within the apps, I like this theme which changes the color depending on how much you used, now it's green, when I have almost nothing it goes from green to orange and to red)
- tomorrows summary

Picture: http://imgur.com/7xlMlkw

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey, here's my recent setup of my Notification Center and all widgets of the today view. The picture was too big, that's why I had to upload it somewhere else :p

App/Widget list:
- today summary
- Forecast+ (for weather, you can also expand it to see a forecast of the next days by tapping on the widget)
- WidgetCal (shows all calendar entries and you can customize it with millions of settings, I really think it's the most customizable and awesome calendar widget, and it's free, try it)
- Launcher (launch almost anything, call people, message, Whatsapp message, open apps, open URL schemes, workflows etc. - highly recommend)
- Momentum (show and track habits)
- OmniFocus (Task management system and its widget)
- OneNote (Digital Notebook, widget to see sticky notes, recent notes and options to create new notes, lists etc.
- Paste+ (use the content of the clipboard to perform actions like sending to Whatsapp, Google search it, send it to apps, upload data/pictures etc., open it in maps etc.)
- Widget Timer (basically a timer in your NC, you'll also get notifications when times up and you can open the app directly tapping in the middle, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
- PCalc Lite (calculator for NC, easier and better than the stock calculator, you don't have to leave a app for calculation, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
- DataMan (see you data plan, how much you already used and whats left, it's customizable within the apps, I like this theme which changes the color depending on how much you used, now it's green, when I have almost nothing it goes from green to orange and to red)
- tomorrows summary

Picture: http://imgur.com/7xlMlkw
I haven't tried WidgetCal. But Super Calendar has a great customizable widget as well. And the Calendar itself is great with many customizations. You can add your own images to the calendar.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I use only Yahoo weather for a more graphical view and Launcher as a shortcut to call some of my favorite contacts, but i think i will delete the latter as i found myself not using it at all!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
3 reasons why I chose Forecast+ (instead of other widgets like yahoo's):
- I don't like widgets and app which use location services
- the widget often cannot be loaded or I have to wait
- Forecast+ and most of my used widgets are collapsible, so it doesn't use much space, but if you want to (use them) you can expand them ;)

I would give launcher a second chance, it's my most used widget:
- I open apps
- open specific URL schemes, e.g. to directly open an app and crate new entries like calendar events, new reminders etc.
- call persons which are very important
- opens Whatsapp to directly composing a message to specific contacts or to open the app and select the right contact or group
- I can launch/invoke workflows from Workflow app, e.g. selecting and sending a picture to other apps or messengers, create dozen of entires with templates, or open apps via listeners which doesn't have URL schemes
- I can also open specific notes in OneNote without the need of its own widget etc.

pacorob

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I also love Launcher and the Music Launcher widget. I use both daily for e.g. launching various settings (notifications, wifi, background apps).
There is only a bug that you can't tap the left three buttons when you set it to the 'small' size. I'm beta testing but yesterdays version didn't resolve it yet.

I also love the Weather Widget (Forecast + Current Weather) from David Richardson which has similar features as Forecast+ but does have the feature to choose that you do not want to use the GPS /location when it's in use but instead updates via internet connecting and a certain location.

It's also nice to see that TaptoShare and other widgets are back in the App Store. Only Quick-Tap is still missing but Launcher is working great so i don't think Quick-Tap can do that better although it would be nice to see some real competition in the App Store as far as launcher widgets concerned.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I love the cnn widget app, it's a good fast way to view the news at a glance without having to use the app
26a05be362d0dee3c12979137fb6e11f.jpg

I also like the dictionary app. Every day new words are pushed through to your widget centre and you gotta guess which phrase the word entails like shown here.
a948b4cb94294240dd380a6b5a10e531.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot more apps that support widgets than when this thread was first started. There are some really good ones now. I think I might have to many widgets..LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
MusicMatch. KOOL app with the words of the songs playing on AppleMusic or your music library in the NC.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436269039.573992.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal