Best 'widget' apps?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you get those setting launchers? I couldn't figure it out.
Open the Launcher app. Tap the +. Tap on the orange "App Launcher". Scroll down to the settings app. Tap the settings app and it shows many settings options. Tap one at a time to add to the notification screen.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411614236.764981.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Found my answer:

"Apple has taken Launcher off of the App Store. We tried to avoid this, but Apple decided to disallow widgets with our functionality."

From Launcher Twitter page. App still works but after 8.0.2 update I can't add system shortcuts anymore like "keyboard", etc.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha that's ridiculous

You can still use the functionality by creating a custom URL scheme and inserting the right URL, e.g. for keyboard:
prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Quickly go to the App Store and download the following app: Quick-Tap.

It has almost the same functionality and also some other great features. I use both for some different reasons, e.g. i have a section called "Whatsapp" where I have my 5 favorite Whatsapp contact, a music section with my favorite music etc.

I think this app will be kicked out of the App Store soon, too

?Quick-Tap? von WildPalm Ltd.
https://appsto.re/de/jVdY2.i

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
How do I get imore on launcher? I have it downloaded but it's not in the list.

Hey, I think you're talking about the iMore forum app and not the iMore news app. I also downloaded it for you and tested it. It doesn't appear. I also opened the ipa file of the app and searched in the configuration file... I'm really sorry to tell you, but the iMore forum app doesn't have a URL launch scheme, that means you can't launch it by any URL (I think).

Maybe there is one, but it's not mentioned in the app file.

I would recommend you to use the Tapatalk app, it's exactly like the iMore app, but 1000 times better, offer more functionality i.a. swiping back, you can use it for more than just one forum etc.
AND it does have a URL scheme, so you can launch it via Launcher app/widget

PS: no Tapatalk didn't hire me, I just recommend apps which are great, just like Tapatalk app. I use the Pro version of the app. You can use the free version and if you like it you can buy the pro version

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Found my answer:

"Apple has taken Launcher off of the App Store. We tried to avoid this, but Apple decided to disallow widgets with our functionality."

From Launcher Twitter page. App still works but after 8.0.2 update I can't add system shortcuts anymore like "keyboard", etc.

I re-added Launcher after updating to iOS 8.0.2 and was able to add shortcuts to iOS Settings Cellular, iCloud & iCloud Storage perfectly fine.

Roland

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All my Launcher presets to Settings still work. But, yeah, you can create custom URL schemes.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Forecast+ is the best weather widget! I was using the Yahoo one but it irked me that it was off centered and was a little too big for me. Check out Forecast+!

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I think you're talking about the iMore forum app and not the iMore news app. I also downloaded it for you and tested it. It doesn't appear. I also opened the ipa file of the app and searched in the configuration file... I'm really sorry to tell you, but the iMore forum app doesn't have a URL launch scheme, that means you can't launch it by any URL (I think).

Maybe there is one, but it's not mentioned in the app file.

I would recommend you to use the Tapatalk app, it's exactly like the iMore app, but 1000 times better, offer more functionality i.a. swiping back, you can use it for more than just one forum etc.
AND it does have a URL scheme, so you can launch it via Launcher app/widget

PS: no Tapatalk didn't hire me, I just recommend apps which are great, just like Tapatalk app. I use the Pro version of the app. You can use the free version and if you like it you can buy the pro version

Many thanks. I'll take a look

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Forecast+ is the best weather widget! I was using the Yahoo one but it irked me that it was off centered and was a little too big for me. Check out Forecast+!

Weather underground has one now. I like it better than Forecast+, though Forecast+ is nice.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Weather underground has one now. I like it better than Forecast+, though Forecast+ is nice.
I got it too. I like that it shows weather close to home. Most show the weather here 20 miles away at the airport. weather underground shows it right in my neighborhood.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Found my answer:

Apple decided there are 25 hours in a day and that the world is square: Micro-managing maniacs!... But I still love my iphone :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen