I wish the NOAA radar pro app would update via location. Then it would be perfect
    10-12-2014 09:57 PM
    Some cool widget apps:
    Vidgets
    Vidgets by Less Code Ltd
    https://appsto.re/us/zLnF1.i

Wdgts
    Wdgts - A Collection of Awesome Notification Center Widgets by Tanmay Sonawane
    https://appsto.re/us/ObQM2.i

Quick-Tap
    Quick-Tap by WildPalm Ltd.
    https://appsto.re/us/jVdY2.i

Quickiee
    Quickiee - Super Fast Social Networking and Shortcuts by Manar Alhamdy
    https://appsto.re/us/CTL12.i
    Widget
    Widget by WayDC
    https://appsto.re/us/pAXd2.i

SportsCenter
    ESPN SportsCenter by ESPN
    https://appsto.re/us/aid7s.i

Best Weather widget apps:
    Yahoo
    Yahoo Weather by Yahoo
    https://appsto.re/us/DOnEL.i

Weather Underground
    Weather Underground: Radar, Forecasts, Satellite Maps, Severe Alerts, Weather Photos by Weather Underground, LLC
    https://appsto.re/us/4iI-C.i

NOAA Radar Pro
    NOAA Radar Pro Severe Weather Alerts and Forecast by Apalon Apps
    https://appsto.re/us/13TPS.i

eWeather HD Clock
    eWeather HD - Weather forecast and NOAA radar by Elecont LLC
    https://appsto.re/us/oWU7x.i

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    joemd60, Spencerdl, taz323 and 2 others like this.
    10-12-2014 10:28 PM
    I wish the NOAA radar pro app would update via location. Then it would be perfect
    That's why I deleted it. For a paid app it should update your location.
    Even when I was refreshing the app, it still said I was home.
    It's a beautiful app, and well designed. But a deal breaker when it can't find me.
    jbergsing likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:32 PM
    That's why I deleted it. For a paid app it should update your location.
    Even when I was refreshing the app, it still said I was home.
    It's a beautiful app, and well designed. But a deal breaker when it can't find me.
    If not your location's weather, what is it good for? I wasn't aware of that issue.

10-12-2014 10:48 PM
    If not your location's weather, what is it good for? I wasn't aware of that issue.

The radar map for obvious reasons. It got great reviews, so you may like it.
    Last edited by joemd60; 10-13-2014 at 04:38 AM.
    10-13-2014 01:45 AM
    I don't know, it takes long to update the data, about 4 seconds or more. Sometimes it just says sorry because it can't load the data, even though the Internet connection is great.
    Here are some examples of what the yahoo widget often show when it's not loading for eternities :|
    Best 'widget' apps?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1413199788.711345.jpg
    Translation: "loading not possible"

Best 'widget' apps?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1413199829.600566.jpg
    Translation: "we're sorry, no weather data available"

I was connected with the Internet and had a good connection, but it often happens on 3G as well as on Wi-Fi
    10-13-2014 06:31 AM
    Knnte eine isolierte deutsche Ausgabe sein?
    fb2 likes this.
    10-13-2014 07:07 AM
    Knnte eine isolierte deutsche Ausgabe sein?
    That could be possible, but I don't think so. Would be too much work to maintain it for different countries :/

I hope they work on it, until then I just use the widget from Weather Underground, even though it's a little too big maybe they'll also modify their widget in future updates

PS to sanibel: wir sollten auf Englisch schreiben da es sonst unhflich erscheint und viele es nicht verstehen
    10-13-2014 07:54 AM
    Forecast+ will be my weather widget once it has the ability to update my location. Being a truck driver, I'm rarely in the same place more than a few hours during the week!
    10-13-2014 08:18 AM
    Forecast+ will be my weather widget once it has the ability to update my location. Being a truck driver, I'm rarely in the same place more than a few hours during the week!
    Even though the widget is a bit large, and you have to pay for the app.
    I found eWeather HD the best app for updating location, forecast accuracy.
    10-13-2014 08:20 AM
    The quickly was nice but I didn't want it to launch the app every time. The widgets app looks nice though. Thank you.
    taz323 likes this.
    10-13-2014 08:42 AM
    The radar map for obvious reasons. It got great reviews, so you may like it.
    OK. So you do at least get the map. Just not local weather details.

10-13-2014 09:01 AM
    OK. So you do at least get the map. Just not local weather details.

You can give it a try. I set the locations up, and I would use the locations and maps manually.
    I know it's a paid app, so I don't want to mislead you.
    Than you find you're in the same boat as I, it works at times.
    eWeather HD is now all I use, the radar, and forecast has always been spot on.
    So if you were to pay for a weather app, I would suggest that one.
    As said, I am not a fan of the widget, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
    Everything else works, and it has a beautiful interface. I love the realistic look of the icons.
    Good luck.
    taz323 likes this.
    10-13-2014 09:27 AM
    You can give it a try. I set the locations up, and I would use the locations and maps manually.
    I know it's a paid app, so I don't want to mislead you.
    Than you find you're in the same boat as I, it works at times.
    eWeather HD is now all I use, the radar, and forecast has always been spot on.
    So if you were to pay for a weather app, I would suggest that one.
    As said, I am not a fan of the widget, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
    Everything else works, and it has a beautiful interface. I love the realistic look of the icons.
    Good luck.
    I've had eWeather HD for a long time. I love the animations. And the clock widget is cool and different. I got it free with a promo code. I'd really like Radar Scope. But I just can't bring myself to pay $9.99 for a weather map. I may though.
    RadarScope by Base Velocity, LLC
    https://appsto.re/us/t3omr.i

So I hold off on NOAA Radar Pro. Both are in my wish list.

joemd60 likes this.
    10-13-2014 02:17 PM
    I've had eWeather HD for a long time. I love the animations. And the clock widget is cool and different. I got it free with a promo code. I'd really like Radar Scope. But I just can't bring myself to pay $9.99 for a weather map. I may though.
    RadarScope by Base Velocity, LLC
    https://appsto.re/us/t3omr.i

So I hold off on NOAA Radar Pro. Both are in my wish list.

RadarScope looks nice, but I agree. $10 for an app is a lot.
    I do remember when I had my BB. Berry weather was $10. I paid for the app, and it did not disappoint.
    I paid for a few of the weather apps. And when it does not work correctly, it's a waste of money.
    10-13-2014 02:23 PM
    I do remember when I had my BB. Berry weather was $10. I paid for the app, and it did not disappoint.
    I paid for a few of the weather apps. And when it does not work correctly, it's a waste of money.
    I paid $9.99 for 1Password. But it was sort of a stocking stuffer at Christmas from my wife. I don't recall paying more than $3 for any other app.

10-13-2014 02:45 PM
    I still use BerryWeather (BeWeather) on both of my devices. It's one of my favorite apps. I was lucky enough to catch it on sale for $4.99 back in my BB days. I have approx 30 custom weather sets. Oh how I wish I was able to use them on my iPhone's lock screen without having to be jailbroken. It has been well worth the money over the years.
    joemd60 likes this.
    10-13-2014 06:51 PM
    I still use BerryWeather (BeWeather) on both of my devices. It's one of my favorite apps. I was lucky enough to catch it on sale for $4.99 back in my BB days. I have approx 30 custom weather sets. Oh how I wish I was able to use them on my iPhone's lock screen without having to be jailbroken. It has been well worth the money over the years.
    I used BeWeather many years ago in my BB days. I also purchased it for iOS, but found it severely lacking. I have since deleted it from my device. Also, Pfluger (the developer) was pretty active here for a bit right after the app launched for iOS, but he made the comment that he was pulling it from the App Store to rework it, and never returned.

I just chalked it up to a "lesson learned".
    joemd60 likes this.
    10-13-2014 06:56 PM
    Funny thing is, the app still sits in your purchased apps. But it doesn't download.
    It's too bad Berryweather was a failure in iOS.
    It to was one of my favorite apps, during my BB days.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-13-2014 06:59 PM
    I used BeWeather many years ago in my BB days. I also purchased it for iOS, but found it severely lacking. I have since deleted it from my device. Also, Pfluger (the developer) was pretty active here for a bit right after the app launched for iOS, but he made the comment that he was pulling it from the App Store to rework it, and never returned.

I just chalked it up to a "lesson learned".
    Yea I know. His hands was "tied" so to speak. Apple would only allow certain applications within the app to be used on iOS. I decided to keep it in hopes of one day BeWeather would be done right on iOS....
    Best 'widget' apps?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1413244859.543200.jpg

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s
    using Tapatalk
    10-13-2014 07:01 PM
    I guess I was wrong. I am able to download the app.
    For awhile there it would sit in limbo.
    I also never knew you could remove the clock from the home screen, until I saw your screen shot. Thanks
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-13-2014 07:04 PM
    I guess I was wrong. I am able to download the app.
    For awhile there it would sit in limbo.
    I never deleted it. Even though BeWeather wasn't as good on iOS compared to BB and Android, it was still a lot better than other weather app on iOS (IMO).
    10-13-2014 07:09 PM
    Funny thing is, the app still sits in your purchased apps. But it doesn't download.
    It's too bad Berryweather was a failure in iOS.
    It to was one of my favorite apps, during my BB days.
    I just re-downloaded it to my phone. It’s NOT available in the App Store, but if it’s in your Purchased apps, you can still download it.
    10-13-2014 07:13 PM
    Yea I know. His hands was "tied" so to speak. Apple would only allow certain applications within the app to be used on iOS. I decided to keep it in hopes of one day BeWeather would be done right on iOS....
    Not sure how his hands were "tied". What was he wanting to do that Apple would not allow him to do? All of these other weather apps can get info (as I recall, BeWeather used Weather Underground as its weather source). I’d really like to hear more.
    10-13-2014 07:15 PM
    Not sure how his hands were "tied". What was he wanting to do that Apple would not allow him to do? All of these other weather apps can get info (as I recall, BeWeather used Weather Underground as its weather source). I’d really like to hear more.
    I get all of my weather info with BeWeather (animations, radar, icon badge, cities ect.). I think it had something to with ...BeWeather sets and it looked a lot like Yahoo Weather.
    10-13-2014 07:23 PM
378 ... 56789 ...