Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 378
Like Tree181Likes
  1. #301  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    If you want PNG images to use, let me know. I'll send you some. You can also use album covers.


    Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    OK. I will PM you.....Thanks
  2. #302  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    My question to Apple is "If you can support Music Launcher, why not Launcher?"......BRING IT BACK!!!!
  3. #303  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    My question to Apple is "If you can support Music Launcher, why not Launcher?"......BRING IT BACK!!!!
    They're different. The Music version only accesses your music library, not other apps or the Settings app. There's other apps that access your music as well. Like that "PhonTunes" app. I like that it shows the playlists, rather than just the main song list.


    Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
  4. #304  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    My set up for Music Launcher:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423432821.315867.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	77116


    Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
  5. #305  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Nice update widget
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423763085.635014.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	77310
    moloes likes this.
  6. #306  
    WP7Nettwerk's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    I have couple widgets. So my fav.
    W. Calendar, iMonitor and Weather widget calling just Widget.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. #307  
    Trevor Wolfe's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    could you help me out with an url scheme to launch the dictionary.com app? Can't seem to figure it out.
  8. #308  
    fb2
    fb2 is offline
    fb2's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Wolfe View Post
    could you help me out with an url scheme to launch the dictionary.com app? Can't seem to figure it out.
    Wrote you a message, but here for everyone else:
    dcomfree://
    dcompaid://
    dcomapp://
  9. #309  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Wolfe View Post
    could you help me out with an url scheme to launch the dictionary.com app? Can't seem to figure it out.
    Just download the app. There is a free version. I use it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427249610.928322.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	79056


    Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
  10. #310  

    Default Best 'widget' apps?

    To add ProCamera 8 to Launcher, use this:
    procamera:// with a word after that like photo, HDR, video and etc. So for regular photos it's
    procamera://photo.
    You have to make your own icon. Cocologics is updating soon with new widget stuff.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427250006.825690.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	79057


    Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 03-25-2015 at 08:50 AM.
  11. #311  
    fb2
    fb2 is offline
    fb2's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Hey, here's my recent setup of my Notification Center and all widgets of the today view. The picture was too big, that's why I had to upload it somewhere else

    App/Widget list:
    - today summary
    - Forecast+ (for weather, you can also expand it to see a forecast of the next days by tapping on the widget)
    - WidgetCal (shows all calendar entries and you can customize it with millions of settings, I really think it's the most customizable and awesome calendar widget, and it's free, try it)
    - Launcher (launch almost anything, call people, message, Whatsapp message, open apps, open URL schemes, workflows etc. - highly recommend)
    - Momentum (show and track habits)
    - OmniFocus (Task management system and its widget)
    - OneNote (Digital Notebook, widget to see sticky notes, recent notes and options to create new notes, lists etc.
    - Paste+ (use the content of the clipboard to perform actions like sending to Whatsapp, Google search it, send it to apps, upload data/pictures etc., open it in maps etc.)
    - Widget Timer (basically a timer in your NC, you'll also get notifications when times up and you can open the app directly tapping in the middle, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
    - PCalc Lite (calculator for NC, easier and better than the stock calculator, you don't have to leave a app for calculation, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
    - DataMan (see you data plan, how much you already used and whats left, it's customizable within the apps, I like this theme which changes the color depending on how much you used, now it's green, when I have almost nothing it goes from green to orange and to red)
    - tomorrows summary

    Picture: http://imgur.com/7xlMlkw
    TurboTiger likes this.
  12. #312  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by fb2 View Post
    Hey, here's my recent setup of my Notification Center and all widgets of the today view. The picture was too big, that's why I had to upload it somewhere else

    App/Widget list:
    - today summary
    - Forecast+ (for weather, you can also expand it to see a forecast of the next days by tapping on the widget)
    - WidgetCal (shows all calendar entries and you can customize it with millions of settings, I really think it's the most customizable and awesome calendar widget, and it's free, try it)
    - Launcher (launch almost anything, call people, message, Whatsapp message, open apps, open URL schemes, workflows etc. - highly recommend)
    - Momentum (show and track habits)
    - OmniFocus (Task management system and its widget)
    - OneNote (Digital Notebook, widget to see sticky notes, recent notes and options to create new notes, lists etc.
    - Paste+ (use the content of the clipboard to perform actions like sending to Whatsapp, Google search it, send it to apps, upload data/pictures etc., open it in maps etc.)
    - Widget Timer (basically a timer in your NC, you'll also get notifications when times up and you can open the app directly tapping in the middle, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
    - PCalc Lite (calculator for NC, easier and better than the stock calculator, you don't have to leave a app for calculation, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
    - DataMan (see you data plan, how much you already used and whats left, it's customizable within the apps, I like this theme which changes the color depending on how much you used, now it's green, when I have almost nothing it goes from green to orange and to red)
    - tomorrows summary

    Picture: http://imgur.com/7xlMlkw
    Thanks. I'll have to check some of those out.
  13. #313  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by fb2 View Post
    Hey, here's my recent setup of my Notification Center and all widgets of the today view. The picture was too big, that's why I had to upload it somewhere else

    App/Widget list:
    - today summary
    - Forecast+ (for weather, you can also expand it to see a forecast of the next days by tapping on the widget)
    - WidgetCal (shows all calendar entries and you can customize it with millions of settings, I really think it's the most customizable and awesome calendar widget, and it's free, try it)
    - Launcher (launch almost anything, call people, message, Whatsapp message, open apps, open URL schemes, workflows etc. - highly recommend)
    - Momentum (show and track habits)
    - OmniFocus (Task management system and its widget)
    - OneNote (Digital Notebook, widget to see sticky notes, recent notes and options to create new notes, lists etc.
    - Paste+ (use the content of the clipboard to perform actions like sending to Whatsapp, Google search it, send it to apps, upload data/pictures etc., open it in maps etc.)
    - Widget Timer (basically a timer in your NC, you'll also get notifications when times up and you can open the app directly tapping in the middle, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
    - PCalc Lite (calculator for NC, easier and better than the stock calculator, you don't have to leave a app for calculation, you can also minimize the widget if you don't use it)
    - DataMan (see you data plan, how much you already used and whats left, it's customizable within the apps, I like this theme which changes the color depending on how much you used, now it's green, when I have almost nothing it goes from green to orange and to red)
    - tomorrows summary

    Picture: http://imgur.com/7xlMlkw
    I haven't tried WidgetCal. But Super Calendar has a great customizable widget as well. And the Calendar itself is great with many customizations. You can add your own images to the calendar.


    Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
  14. #314  
    Lestat1886's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    40 Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    I use only Yahoo weather for a more graphical view and Launcher as a shortcut to call some of my favorite contacts, but i think i will delete the latter as i found myself not using it at all!
  15. #315  
    fb2
    fb2 is offline
    fb2's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    3 reasons why I chose Forecast+ (instead of other widgets like yahoo's):
    - I don't like widgets and app which use location services
    - the widget often cannot be loaded or I have to wait
    - Forecast+ and most of my used widgets are collapsible, so it doesn't use much space, but if you want to (use them) you can expand them

    I would give launcher a second chance, it's my most used widget:
    - I open apps
    - open specific URL schemes, e.g. to directly open an app and crate new entries like calendar events, new reminders etc.
    - call persons which are very important
    - opens Whatsapp to directly composing a message to specific contacts or to open the app and select the right contact or group
    - I can launch/invoke workflows from Workflow app, e.g. selecting and sending a picture to other apps or messengers, create dozen of entires with templates, or open apps via listeners which doesn't have URL schemes
    - I can also open specific notes in OneNote without the need of its own widget etc.
  16. #316  
    pacorob's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    46 Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    I also love Launcher and the Music Launcher widget. I use both daily for e.g. launching various settings (notifications, wifi, background apps).
    There is only a bug that you can't tap the left three buttons when you set it to the 'small' size. I'm beta testing but yesterdays version didn't resolve it yet.

    I also love the Weather Widget (Forecast + Current Weather) from David Richardson which has similar features as Forecast+ but does have the feature to choose that you do not want to use the GPS /location when it's in use but instead updates via internet connecting and a certain location.

    It's also nice to see that TaptoShare and other widgets are back in the App Store. Only Quick-Tap is still missing but Launcher is working great so i don't think Quick-Tap can do that better although it would be nice to see some real competition in the App Store as far as launcher widgets concerned.
  17. #317  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    I'm glad Apple decided to bring Launcher App/Widget back. KOOL🏽🏾
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433453617.722488.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	82573
    Thanks for the example Ledsteplin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433453652.888682.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	82574
  18. #318  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434533808.766939.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	83456
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434533823.435388.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	83457
    Judson50 likes this.
  19. #319  
    Sekelani Zwambila's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    I love the cnn widget app, it's a good fast way to view the news at a glance without having to use the app

    I also like the dictionary app. Every day new words are pushed through to your widget centre and you gotta guess which phrase the word entails like shown here.


    Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
  20. #320  
    Judson50's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    I use BeWeather2, Bible, Calendar, My Data, cheat sheet and the score
    Spencerdl likes this.
  21. #321  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    There are a lot more apps that support widgets than when this thread was first started. There are some really good ones now. I think I might have to many widgets..LOL
  22. #322  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    There are a lot more apps that support widgets than when this thread was first started. There are some really good ones now. I think I might have to many widgets..LOL
    I'm getting too many. As long as they load ok I'm OK with it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435979059.475516.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	84516
  23. #323  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Same Here. Plus I have three more that didn't make the screenshot

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436012413.946860.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	84542
  24. #324  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Same Here. Plus I have three more that didn't make the screenshot

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436012413.946860.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	84542
    If I could use more than 3 sections on BeWeather, I wouldn't need eWeather. Maybe the clock. I'm curious to see if I still have that issue after I upgrade.
  25. #325  

    Default Re: Best 'widget' apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    If I could use more than 3 sections on BeWeather, I wouldn't need eWeather. Maybe the clock. I'm curious to see if I still have that issue after I upgrade.
    I'm only to use 3 sections as well. I think it's a BeWeather2 problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Syncing of Apps during restore Freezing
    By finn5975 in forum iOS 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 01:04 PM
  2. Why are my app updates stuck in Waiting status?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 12:56 PM
  3. App Store Buttons Greyed Out
    By CYaris in forum OS X Mavericks (10.9)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 11:29 AM
  4. How do I set the date for the Alarm App on my iPad?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 11:00 AM
  5. New and updated apps: BBM, Discover, Starbase Annex and more
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions