How to enable Siri eMail w/ Screen Locked ??

StormPipe

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I frequently (used to) check eMail and Texts using a headset via Siri ("Read New Messages" or "Read New eMails"), with the screen locked and phone in my pocket.

I have successfully re-enabled this capability (after it was disabled with iOS8) for Texts with Settings/Touch-Id & Passcode/Siri - ON; eMails however still yield "You'll need to unlock your iPhone" response from Siri. I want it back!

Google searches seem to be primarily related to security issues and how the protection has been hacked; not how to enable it, as I wish to do!

Any Help will be appreciated, and I'll take the security risk.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just curious. Have you tried to use that capability just speaking to Siri through the phone and not the headset to see if that works?
It might be possible that the headset isn't supported (yet) with iOS8 for that function.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Okay, I think I may have an answer and hopefully it works.

If Siri is reading you texts from the lock screen then I'm assuming you have the message preview enabled. What if you enable the e-mail message preview for the lock screen and see if that works.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm stumped at this point. I think it's just a security feature that can't be undone unless the phone is jailbroken.

Hopefully we are both missing something and someone will have a solution. If there is a solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR