Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Wish list for future iPhones

As I await the arrival of my new iPhone 6 Plus, I'm left trying to pass the time by thinking of ways I hope Apple will improve the iPhone software and hardware in future iterations.

Here's my top two desires to start this topic off:

1. Notification LED's on front and back of phone, customizable to blink only with the notifications you care about. (i.e. You wouldn't be bothered with a blinking light for every Twitter alert if you didn't want to be, but you would still see the blinking light for something important like a missed call. This could be customizable for each user to setup how they wished.) Also, this could be disabled when using Do Not Disturb mode.

2. Manual and automatic Photo tags and automatic face tagging recognition capabilities, ala Facebook.

Default Re: Wish list for future iPhones

Thanks for sharing your list, but I doubt we'll see a blinking LED in the near future, if ever, on the iPhone...
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny AppleTV View Post
    Notification LED's on front and back of phone, customizable to blink only with the notifications you care about. (i.e. You wouldn't be bothered with a blinking light for every Twitter alert if you didn't want to be, but you would still see the blinking light for something important like a missed call. This could be customizable for each user to setup how they wished.) Also, this could be disabled when using Do Not Disturb mode.
    .\
    People (mostly former BB users) have been clamoring for this "feature" since the original iPhone was released. It hasn’t happened yet, despite the cries for it. At this point, it’s doubtful Apple will ever add it. I sure hope they don’t, but that’s been the subject of some pretty heated debate around here from time to time.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

The second item would be cool. After all iPhoto on the desktop already does this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts

I have already mentioned about notification on forums before. Notification light on home button would be great!
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agarwal.apar View Post
    I have already mentioned about notification on forums before. Notification light on home button would be great!
    *sigh* #herewegoagain
    olliegrl likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    17,826 Global Posts

LED Notifications
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

I've had an iPhone 5 for 2 years now, coming from years and years as a BlackBerry user (and Blackberry admin). There are 2 things I miss about the BB that would be nice to have on an iPhone:

1. A side convenience key (to quickly open the app of your choice without having to swipe, unlock, swipe, tap, etc). As someone who takes a LOT of pictures, being able to get the camera app open very fast would be great.
    2. Sound profiles: Sure being able to toggle to silent/vibrate is great, but being able to customize and create different notification profiles on the BB was awesome.

Just ordered my iPhone 6, so obviously the above 2 items aren't deal breakers.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    LED Notifications
    You want LED notifications? Ok, here ya go: I am notifying you that there is NO LED notifications in iOS.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by agarwal.apar View Post
    A spinning notification light around the edge of the home button would be pretty sweet.
    Trees likes this.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Newbie

So anyway, I just went to the Apple Store close to me, and there was actually a line to get in. Later the line was gone and I got to hold the 6 and 6 plus for a time. I am no means a large person, but the 6 Plus wasn't as gigantic as I had expected from what I've been reading. Just seemed like a nice size phone to me. Probably the limit before it gets too big though. And the gold was much nicer in person. I thought I would've hated it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny AppleTV View Post
    A spinning notification light around the edge of the home button would be pretty sweet.
    Meh.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,362 Global Posts

i'd love to see fully integrated file sharing throughout the device like android does now...that's the ONLY thing i'll miss about android when i go back to iphone.

i find the LED light on my G3 really annoying personally.
    Chrisy and gebco like this.
    iMore Newbie

Wireless charging. Waterproof phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    17,826 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    You want LED notifications? Ok, here ya go: I am notifying you that there is NO LED notifications in iOS.
    I was answering the OPs question. What would I like to see. Obviously I know there's none now.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    17,826 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olliegrl View Post
    i'd love to see fully integrated file sharing throughout the device like android does now...that's the ONLY thing i'll miss about android when i go back to iphone.

i find the LED light on my G3 really annoying personally.
    But at least it's an option. You can turn it off. I know it offends some iPhone used to suggest some people might like an LED, I don't see how having more options would be bad. A light ring around the home button, if it wasn't noticeable, would be nice. Again, it could be disabled.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    17,826 Global Posts

I would like to be able to make groups of contacts on the phone. If there's a way to do it, I can't find it. But I have about 10 contacts that I need to send the same info to once a week. I copy and paste now, but I would like to just send to them all.

Would also like to be able to make calendar events repeat every 3 weeks, 6 days, etc. Right now the preset time intervals are limited on the phone.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    iMore Newbie

Looks like you have to use the iCloud.com site in a browser to create contact groups
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    17,826 Global Posts

Yeah, would like to be able to do it from the device. Would just be quicker. Not to mention I don't have home internet. So, maybe in a future update!
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iMore Newbie

I think I'd like to see the future iPhone have another chip dedicated to listening for Siri even when not plugged in, like some of the android phones have. This is a feature I want always, plugged in to power or not.
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  
    iMore Newbie

Oh and how about letting apps tap into Siri. How I would love to just say, "play this playlist in spotify" without ever having to touch my phone. Man, get on this Apple!
    Chrisy likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

4" to 4.3" screen

Quote Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
    I've had an iPhone 5 for 2 years now, coming from years and years as a BlackBerry user (and Blackberry admin). There are 2 things I miss about the BB that would be nice to have on an iPhone:

1. A side convenience key (to quickly open the app of your choice without having to swipe, unlock, swipe, tap, etc). As someone who takes a LOT of pictures, being able to get the camera app open very fast would be great.
    2. Sound profiles: Sure being able to toggle to silent/vibrate is great, but being able to customize and create different notification profiles on the BB was awesome.

Just ordered my iPhone 6, so obviously the above 2 items aren't deal breakers.
    There's a camera icon on the lock screen that opens the camera quickly. And if you got Launcher before it was pulled, you can add Camera+.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Chrisy likes this.
    iMore Newbie

I want them to clean up the design and make more drop shadows, more mild roundness to icons, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast