Wish list for future iPhones

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
As I await the arrival of my new iPhone 6 Plus, I'm left trying to pass the time by thinking of ways I hope Apple will improve the iPhone software and hardware in future iterations.

Here's my top two desires to start this topic off:

1. Notification LED's on front and back of phone, customizable to blink only with the notifications you care about. (i.e. You wouldn't be bothered with a blinking light for every Twitter alert if you didn't want to be, but you would still see the blinking light for something important like a missed call. This could be customizable for each user to setup how they wished.) Also, this could be disabled when using Do Not Disturb mode.

2. Manual and automatic Photo tags and automatic face tagging recognition capabilities, ala Facebook.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your list, but I doubt we'll see a blinking LED in the near future, if ever, on the iPhone...:)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Notification LED's on front and back of phone, customizable to blink only with the notifications you care about. (i.e. You wouldn't be bothered with a blinking light for every Twitter alert if you didn't want to be, but you would still see the blinking light for something important like a missed call. This could be customizable for each user to setup how they wished.) Also, this could be disabled when using Do Not Disturb mode.
.\

People (mostly former BB users) have been clamoring for this "feature" since the original iPhone was released. It hasn’t happened yet, despite the cries for it. At this point, it’s doubtful Apple will ever add it. I sure hope they don’t, but that’s been the subject of some pretty heated debate around here from time to time.

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had an iPhone 5 for 2 years now, coming from years and years as a BlackBerry user (and Blackberry admin). There are 2 things I miss about the BB that would be nice to have on an iPhone:

1. A side convenience key (to quickly open the app of your choice without having to swipe, unlock, swipe, tap, etc). As someone who takes a LOT of pictures, being able to get the camera app open very fast would be great.
  2. Sound profiles: Sure being able to toggle to silent/vibrate is great, but being able to customize and create different notification profiles on the BB was awesome.

Just ordered my iPhone 6, so obviously the above 2 items aren't deal breakers.

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So anyway, I just went to the Apple Store close to me, and there was actually a line to get in. Later the line was gone and I got to hold the 6 and 6 plus for a time. I am no means a large person, but the 6 Plus wasn't as gigantic as I had expected from what I've been reading. Just seemed like a nice size phone to me. Probably the limit before it gets too big though. And the gold was much nicer in person. I thought I would've hated it.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i'd love to see fully integrated file sharing throughout the device like android does now...that's the ONLY thing i'll miss about android when i go back to iphone.

i find the LED light on my G3 really annoying personally.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
i'd love to see fully integrated file sharing throughout the device like android does now...that's the ONLY thing i'll miss about android when i go back to iphone.

i find the LED light on my G3 really annoying personally.

But at least it's an option. You can turn it off. I know it offends some iPhone used to suggest some people might like an LED, I don't see how having more options would be bad. A light ring around the home button, if it wasn't noticeable, would be nice. Again, it could be disabled.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like to be able to make groups of contacts on the phone. If there's a way to do it, I can't find it. But I have about 10 contacts that I need to send the same info to once a week. I copy and paste now, but I would like to just send to them all.

Would also like to be able to make calendar events repeat every 3 weeks, 6 days, etc. Right now the preset time intervals are limited on the phone.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, would like to be able to do it from the device. Would just be quicker. Not to mention I don't have home internet. So, maybe in a future update!

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I think I'd like to see the future iPhone have another chip dedicated to listening for Siri even when not plugged in, like some of the android phones have. This is a feature I want always, plugged in to power or not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal