How do you active Swype on iPhone 6

tobey74

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
You have to download one of the 3rd party keyboards from AppStore like Swype, SwiftKey and others.

When downloaded goto Settings and keyboards and select the newly installed keyboard.

After that you can use it in any app you want. If it still show default keyboard press and hold on the globe button between the 123 button and the microphone.

Best regards, Peter

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
You have to download one of the 3rd party keyboards from AppStore like Swype, SwiftKey and others.

When downloaded goto Settings and keyboards and select the newly installed keyboard.

After that you can use it in any app you want. If it still show default keyboard press and hold on the globe button between the 123 button and the microphone.

Best regards, Peter

Thanks Peter,

Which do you prefer?

Swype or Swiftkey?

A.B.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I personally prefer Swype on iOS. It seems like the app is better optimized than Swiftkey. Swype also lets you long-press to type numbers and symbols.

That said, Swiftkey is free, so why not try it out first and see what you think?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Peter,

Which do you prefer?

Swype or Swiftkey?

A.B.
You can't use the 3rd party keyboards everywhere. They can see what you type. So Apple has restricted them from anywhere security may be an issue. Examples: App Store, Amazon, QVC, Bank apps, PayPal, Apple Store, and etc. That makes using those keyboard apps a bit of a pain, because you have to switch too much. SwiftKey is my favorite.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After that you can use it in any app you want.
No, you can not use the 3rd party keyboards in any app you want. Apple has put restrictions in place for security reasons. The keyboard apps can see what you type. Thus the restrictions.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

tobey74

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Peter,

Which do you prefer?

Swype or Swiftkey?

A.B.

Hi A.B.
SwiftKey is my favorite but swype is also good.
My biggest issue with all these 3rd party keyboards is that I am Danish, live in Denmark and none of these keyboards support Danish yet.
So I can't use them very much. Only when visiting sites like imore forums :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR