I can't create a calendar event on iPhone after upgrading to iOS8

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 8 as well as my iPad 2. Since upgrading, when I create an event on my iPad it doesn't show up on my iPhone. When I create an event on my iPhone it shows up and then immediately disappears before my eyes but I can see it on my iPad. iCloud is turned on for calendars on both devices.

My husband has an iPhone 5s and has upgraded to iOS8 but has not upgraded his iPad yet. He is experiencing the same problem that I am.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

Found solution, so simple...duh! When I did the iOS8 update, it set the Calendar to default for Sync to "Events 1 Month Back". Surprised it didn't set to default when I upgraded my iPad.

I searched and searched the web and forums for this problem and was surprised that I couldn't get any results. Searched some more this a.m. and the answer was provided by Jesse Hollington on 7/4/2012 on the ILounge forum. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting both devices and/or signing out of iCloud on both devices and then sign back in to iCloud on both devices.

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I did reboot the iPhone but not the iPad or turning on & off iCloud. Thanks, I'll try all that and report back.

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Just Me, D ....If I sign out of my iCloud account on my devices, all of my data, photos, etc will be removed. They should all come back once I sign back in, correct? I'm backed up to the cloud but should I also backup to iTunes as well before I do this? Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2