Initiating calls on an iPad

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I get how to start a call from an iPad when the phone number is on a website or in your contacts. It works well.

How can I initiate a call on my iPad when the phone number ISN'T in either place? Like... I see an ad on TV for a fantastic device that makes thousand of julienned fries, and I must have! I don't want to have to create a new contact just to dial it.

Tips?

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Let me ask my question again: I can answer phone calls on my iPad when my iPhone rings.

How can I reverse the process? In other words, how can I initiate a carrier (not FaceTime) call using my iPad, and have the iPad use my iPhone to make the call?

Is it possible?

cawhalen

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You can only initiate a call from your iPad using a phone number in one of your contacts. Look up the contact and select the phone number to call. There is not a dial pad on the iPad, so you cannot initiate a call with a number not in your contacts. Although cumbersome, you could create a contact with the number you wish to call, then call using this new contact. With that, I cannot believe the effort to do so would be worth the time.

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
It's considered a FaceTime audio call. Open FaceTime, switch to the audio tab and type the number in.

Karenkcoulter, I owe you an apology.

You were right.

By initiating a FaceTime audio call on my iPad, I can dial ANY number, whether it's in my contacts or not, landline or cell number, and it uses my iPhone to place it.

THANKS!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR