No widgets in notification edit screen

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and I updated to iOS 8 OTA and saw the widgets there. Didn't want to use any of them at that time and did some other stuff on phone and all of a sudden it went into constant reboot loop so I connected to iTunes and reinstalled the iOS and restored from backup. I have been reading about how many other widgets are available like kindle and Dropbox so I went into the edit screen to see what was there again and the screen is completely empty all I see is do not include text. I have hard rebooted and no change. How do I get them back?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try running the apps that were restored to see if doing so will place an associated widget in the notification section.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone think a restore using iTunes would fix this? I also don't have a Notification Center option in Settings, it just says Notifications.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone think a restore using iTunes would fix this? I also don't have a Notification Center option in Settings, it just says Notifications.

If it were me, I'd backup my device, put it in DFU mode, connect it to my computer and then restore it via iTunes....:)

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
No it didn't bring back the Notification Center and now the widgets are gone again. I guess it must be some setting. Wish I knew what it was.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Notification Center option in Settings only Notifications, looks Like it has been renamed to Notifications since iOS 7.1.2 as it contains all the Notification Center settings.

Roland

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No it didn't bring back the Notification Center and now the widgets are gone again. I guess it must be some setting. Wish I knew what it was.
I have the widgets. Just not the Notification Center. Odd. I may call Apple Support and ask about it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Is anybody having this issue where you can't see any widgets when you click edit? I would love to figure out what is causing this!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How do I add a widget? I do not see any.
Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

Open the Notification Center (NC). Scroll to the bottom and tap EDIT. Any apps that you have installed on your device that have widgets will be displayed in a list. Tap the green + to add them to your NC screen.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody having this issue where you can't see any widgets when you click edit? I would love to figure out what is causing this!!

Not me. I have about 28 plus the 3 that I have active (Weather Forecast, Fantastical and SportsCenter) and the Today Summary, Tomorrow Summary and Traffic Conditions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2