- 09-20-2014, 08:20 AM #2
Re: Wifi Networking??
It allegedly helps improve the accuracy of locations services. That is the message that you'll get if you were to attempt to use the Maps app's voice guided navigation feature with Wi-Fi disabled.
Anyway, check out this answer: If you're not within a clear line of sight to GPS satellites, your device can determine your location using crowd-sourced Wi-Fi5 and cell tower locations or iBeacons.
source: iOS 7: Understanding Location Services
- 09-20-2014, 11:25 AM #4
- By avmsam in forum iOS 8Replies: 5Last Post: 09-23-2014, 07:53 PM
- By Rancid88 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2014, 08:59 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-19-2014, 08:22 PM
- By blessed2bamommie in forum iOS 8Replies: 1Last Post: 09-19-2014, 11:29 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-19-2014, 07:04 AM