Family Share and IAPs

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Now that we have family share (which I love) I have one dilemma. I thought I would have to approve family purchases, but it doesn't appear to work that way. With one of my sons, I don't have to worry, but with my other one I'm afraid he's going to buy 10,000 dingle berries as an IAP in one of his freemium games and I'll get a $50 charge on my credit card.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening short of not adding his account to family share?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, on your son's device, go to Settings - General - Restrictions, and after enabling restrictions disable "In-App Purchases".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Can't do it. I tried it with my kids. And I talked to apple support and they wouldn't change it either. Luckily both my kids's ages show as teens (even though they have 7 & 11) so I could still turn on Ask to Buy. And apparently at this time you can't make an existing appleid as a child account under family sharing. They still have a bit to get worked out with this feature.
Oh okay, thanks, Karen....:)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Can't do it. I tried it with my kids. And I talked to apple support and they wouldn't change it either. Luckily both my kids's ages show as teens (even though they have 7 & 11) so I could still turn on Ask to Buy. And apparently at this time you can't make an existing appleid as a child account under family sharing. They still have a bit to get worked out with this feature.

I spent two hours trying to set this up too until I figured that out ... also the family member can not use my iTunes Match either that's a deal breaker I turned it all off and am using my method of my kids don't know my password lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I spent two hours trying to set this up too until I figured that out ... also the family member can not use my iTunes Match either that's a deal breaker I turned it all off and am using my method of my kids don't know my password lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What issues did you have with the match.y wife and kids are using it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded my music into my sons phone via family share with no issues. So maybe I'm missing something.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2