What is Swiftkey?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought this was swift key at the bottom or is it predictive texting

SwiftKey is predictive text. IOS 8 uses predictive text by default. But it's not SwiftKey. SwiftKey has a black keyboard and offers Swipe usage as well. You have to download the SwiftKey app to get it. It's free. Here's what SwiftKey looks like:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411152010.737946.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey is predictive text. IOS 8 uses predictive text by default. But it's not SwiftKey. SwiftKey has a black keyboard and offers Swipe usage as well. You have to download the SwiftKey app to get it. It's free. Here's what SwiftKey looks like:
View attachment 65196

I just downloaded it. what is the difference in the app versus the words that are in the included keyboard

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see what your talking about. Not every app has this yet?
Has what yet? Other than color, the SwiftKey app version also offers the Swype style if you like that. There are several 3rd party apps that offer a keyboard. Some are not free. They're all a little different.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
swiftkey

SwiftKey will remember words you use and your writing style. After a while, it gets eerie how it seems to know what you're about to type.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey will remember words you use and your writing style. After a while, it gets eerie how it seems to know what you're about to type.

That's one of the things I really liked about it. A shame it will only integrate with Facebook or G+, neither of which I use. The Android version which I use as the default keyboard on my HTC can learn from SMS, Twitter and other email addresses too. Also, the iOS version doesn't yet have voice integration.

I feel this is a great first run at it by the Swiftkey people and hope they will be able to develop it to be more in line with the Android version in time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73