iOS 8 Slowed down my 4s to a crawl!
I was looking forward to the update, The download and install went fine without a hitch. As soon as I started using it, I noticed everything is so slow. Opening an app takes an easy 3 seconds more to open and I just feel like everything lags. It almost feels like my old retired Palm Pre! I know the phone is an older model, but this is crazy! Anyone else with a 4s notice this?
- 09-19-2014, 09:39 AM #2
- 09-19-2014, 11:06 AM #3
Re: iOS 8 Slowed down my 4s to a crawl!
If you haven't noticed by now, Apple always does this to the oldest supported model. They purposely ship unoptimized drivers for the oldest supported model to push you to upgrade. There is no way to prove this of course, but as a software developer in silicon valley, I have heard things, and this is my opinion. If you don't want this to happen, never update any of your iOS devices to the latest OS if it's the last planned update from Apple.
- 09-19-2014, 11:18 AM #4
- 09-19-2014, 04:17 PM #6
- 09-19-2014, 04:23 PM #7
- 09-19-2014, 04:59 PM #10
- By gordol in forum iOS 8Replies: 8Last Post: 11-20-2015, 09:01 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2015, 01:06 AM
- By KingBuick in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 8Last Post: 09-20-2014, 12:48 PM
- By Iphonejackson in forum iOS 8Replies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2014, 02:35 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-19-2014, 08:12 AM