Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Default Is there anyway to speed the home button response for Assistant Touch?

I've been using the assistant touch button add on since my devices were new. I figured it would save the life of my home button, guess I;m just anal about that idea. Anyways after DL IOS8 on my ipad mini with retina display the assistant touch is laggy and not sure but I think the home button is also laggy or just slower to respond to exit apps. Anyone else experiencing this and is there anyway to speed the home button response? I still have my 5S on 7.1.2 and when I compare them there is a obvious difference, the 5S with 7.1.2 is much faster. Tried a hard reset with no help. Anyone with any ideas please help.
    Thanks, Vinny

Default re: Is there anyway to speed the home button response for Assistant Touch?

There is only three options in the Accessibility settings in regard to "Home-click Speed" and they are
    • Slow
    • Slowest

Have you tried turning on reduce motion?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    7,086 Global Posts

Default Is there anyway to speed the home button response for Assistant Touch?

My is very choppy. Not a smooth transition between displays on my iPad 2 regardless of the setting. IPhone 5 is OK.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 09-19-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Is there anyway to speed the home button response for Assistant Touch?

I too use assisting touch a lot, for going to the home screen and to lock the device. I can't say it's less responsive than before the update. Using a 5c and did a clean install.