Is there anyway to speed the home button response for Assistant Touch?

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the assistant touch button add on since my devices were new. I figured it would save the life of my home button, guess I;m just anal about that idea. Anyways after DL IOS8 on my ipad mini with retina display the assistant touch is laggy and not sure but I think the home button is also laggy or just slower to respond to exit apps. Anyone else experiencing this and is there anyway to speed the home button response? I still have my 5S on 7.1.2 and when I compare them there is a obvious difference, the 5S with 7.1.2 is much faster. Tried a hard reset with no help. Anyone with any ideas please help.
Thanks, Vinny

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is only three options in the Accessibility settings in regard to "Home-click Speed" and they are
  • Slow
  • Slowest
Have you tried turning on reduce motion?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My is very choppy. Not a smooth transition between displays on my iPad 2 regardless of the setting. IPhone 5 is OK.
Good Luck

Last edited:

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I too use assisting touch a lot, for going to the home screen and to lock the device. I can't say it's less responsive than before the update. Using a 5c and did a clean install.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711