Is there any way to prevent my Calendar from displaying in GMT on each event?

Brett Harris

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I found an article relating to Timezone support for google calendar....I'd link it here but, alas...I am a newby to this forum. HoHum....

I can presume from this information that when adding event to iCal (from phone) and it syncs the entry, Google then add's in UTC support and then iCal displays(???).

Search for google calendar timezone support explained

perhaps??
support.google.com/calendar/answer/2367918?hl=en-GB

rjfreitas

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Turning off the automatic time zone feature in Settings, general, date and time fixed my calendar right way.

This happened once before and went away then came back. I think iOS updates turn on the auto time zone feature which creates the problem.

Good luck

powerhall

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
To fix this,
Open your Calendar app
On the top tool bar, select CALENDAR then PREFERENCES
Click on the ADVANCED tab
Make sure that Time Zone support is OFF (not clicked)
Now, your invitations will stay in the same time zone set on your computer's clock.

Shelley 101

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
This problem only has occurred since I did the very latest update...dammit! I have tried your solution as well, and the problem still occurs. UGH.

marv_mart

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. Creating events on the iPhone & iPad, appears correctly at first but within a few seconds shows GMT in brackets. When I try to edit the event, only GMT time is shown. A real pain in the A! Have to re select Adelaide time zone and correct the times, then Ok from then on. Is this a known bug? Will it be fixed with iOS 8.2?
Who do we tell at Apple to get this issue raised up the fix-it list?
Using iPad Air2, iPad Air1 and iPhone 6 all on iOS 8.1.2
Latest update DID NOT fix it.
Tried all combinations of Time Zone Override On and Off in Calendars and Time Set Automatically On & Off in Date & Time.
Nothing fixes this very annoying issue/bug!

GwenJorgensen1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok. The only thing that worked for me, was to go in and turn my location service on. Then I checked the calendar, and the GMT went away. I then went back in and turned ny location services back off, and the GMT is still off the calendar. Hope this works for someone else.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
This has recently started on both MY iPhone and iPad. Have my calendar synced with my Google calendar, May have started after 8.1.2 download. Whatever changes I make it always shows the GMT time zone. I googled this problem and many people on IOS are having this Issue. Someone HELP.
THANKS, VINNY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CarrieN

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes, If you imput all your calendar data in Google calendar activate the "time zone" and highlight your timezone press-done, then save. Then go to your Iphone/Ipad calendar program, press edit on the event that is showing the "GMT". Click on the start time with the gmt then press save and the darn thing will disappear off you calendar.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Called Apple Support, they know about this problem and are working with Google on resolving the problem. "Working with Google" I hope so, I use just about all of Google Apps on my iPhone and iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

areyes1010

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.2 and am having the same problem. I wonder if it is due to the update. I don't recall it happening before. I have tried everything and cannot fix the problem. I read Google's info on time zones and they use GMT. However it is supposed to adjust to whatever time zone you are in. Hopefully Apple will rectify this issue soon.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This thread is more evidence that Google is evil. Ok, I’m kidding, kind of.

We have an app for our organization that uses Google calendar as our calendar of events. For that app, the calendar events appear correct, but if you try to share the event via the app, the time gets converted to GMT. It’s a bug with the whole Google calendar API. They have also recently changed the API which temporarily broke the way our app worked. I’m guessing that the time would coincide with the sudden onset of the problems with sharing Google calendar events with iOS.

areyes1010

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem in NJ. I have an iPhone 6 w/ 8.1.2, an iPad Mini w/ 8.1.2, an iPad2 w/ 8.1.2, and a Mac Book Pro. It happens on every device.

Craig L

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Just go to the calendar item, click on start time, and it will show you the GMT. You can then enter the time zone/city for your location. Not sure if this will fix overall but it fixes it for calendar item. Still working on it....

dmord

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I just changed the view to month on the top half of the screen and day on the bottom half. Nice view and no more GMT.

bobbyfp

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Try this. On iPhone, go to Settings, General, Date & Time, "Set Automatically" .....Turn this OFF. This will fix GMT Problem. Thanks.

sjhstoltz

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem, too. A guy at Verizon solved it for me. Try saving your calendar to the iCloud, instead of Google (gmail). That fixed it for me - really simple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods