Is there any way to prevent my Calendar from displaying in GMT on each event?

CTFaninNJ

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My calendar is now displaying the GMT time on each event. The event's time is posted correctly, however, the GMT is included in the description. I do not want to see the GMT because, when rushed, I could mistake the GMT for the actual time.
Any way to turn this off?

llckll

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
My calendar is now displaying the GMT time on each event. The event's time is posted correctly, however, the GMT is included in the description. I do not want to see the GMT because, when rushed, I could mistake the GMT for the actual time.

I'm having the same issue. I'm assuming it's a bug and they fix it in the first patch release. Other than that, everything else seems to work fine.

samplin

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
What PIM do you use with the Calendar app. I am having the same Issue and when I enter a appointment with the calendar app I do not see the GMT but if I enter the appointment with Chaos Software's Intellect I get the GMT.

Joe

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
What PIM do you use with the Calendar app. I am having the same Issue and when I enter a appointment with the calendar app I do not see the GMT but if I enter the appointment with Chaos Software's Intellect I get the GMT.

Joe

I use an app from my tablet to import my work schedule to my Gmail calendar and I have that linked to my iphone/iPad and I get the same issue. When I enter it manually, it shows the right time. Has to be a bug because it only started happening on the GM

jnachbar

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This happens to me with appointments I export from Outlook 2010 into Google that then syncs up with Calendar. NOT with events I enter manually into the iPhone, or enter in Calendar on any of my macs running Mavericks or if I enter events directly into google cal.

GMT only show up on the iPhone, nowhere else. I'm guessing maybe something is in the file I'm importing into google that gets passed on to iOS 8. I do wish I could turn it off, it is annoying and I don't want to have to re-enter appts. Sure wish Microsoft Outlook, Apple Calendar and Google Cal would play nice, but I guess that's no more likely than world peace.

Not sure I'd call this a bug with all the syncing and exporting I have going on, probably something relating to timezone support?? but would be nice to get iOS 8 to be able to turn this off.

Last edited:

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

Can you provide more information on the problem? Are these events created on the iPhone itself (auto generated or manual)? or are these events imported to the calendar from something else, like Google or Outlook?

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It looks like every event that is imported from an outside source into iOS are the ones with the issue. I import my Google calendar and it shows fine on Google but it shows GMT instead of eastern time in my iOS calendar

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Here's how I fixed mine: I noticed that Time Zone Override was set to on with London set as location (unsure how this happened). Apparently, I set up my Exchange account while this feature was on. I turned the feature off, deleted my Exchange account from the phone, and then re-added the account back to the phone with the Time Zone Override feature off. Everything synced and is back to normal. I would expect the same behavior with Gmail or any other provider. Good luck!

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's how I fixed mine: I noticed that Time Zone Override was set to on with London set as location (unsure how this happened). Apparently, I set up my Exchange account while this feature was on. I turned the feature off, deleted my Exchange account from the phone, and then re-added the account back to the phone with the Time Zone Override feature off. Everything synced and is back to normal. I would expect the same behavior with Gmail or any other provider. Good luck!

Didn't fix the problem for me. I'm noticing though that when I click on one of the imported events, it shows two times. One in my time zone which is eaten and one in gmt as if it created two entries during the import. Even weirder is that if I create an event on the Web, it shows up fine on my devices

Just got off the phone with Apple support. Apparently, when iOS imports the data from Google that's where the problem is happening. If I create an event on my calendar on my device it syncs to Google perfectly but not the other way around. The engineers are aware of this and it's a known issue. Sucks for us

Last edited:

Garafraxa

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I am encountering the same issue as the OP. I'm concerned I'll accidentally glance at the GMT time and be 4 hours late for my event. Critically, it's my shifts at work and flight times that appear incorrectly!

My primary calendar is Calengoo and I am not seeing the issue there. It's just all the goodies in iOS 8 that access and display calendar events that are a problem.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am encountering the same issue as the OP. I'm concerned I'll accidentally glance at the GMT time and be 4 hours late for my event. Critically, it's my shifts at work and flight times that appear incorrectly!

My primary calendar is Calengoo and I am not seeing the issue there. It's just all the goodies in iOS 8 that access and display calendar events that are a problem.

If you use the stock calendar, there's nothing that you can do about it. I had to switch to Calendars 5 at least until they get the bug fixed

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
My calendar events were all for the right time, but displayed the GMT time in brackets next to it (my iCloud account etc is UK, but I live in Finland, so not sure if this may have something to do with it). I had Time Zone Override on (and set to Helsinki), but have found that since turning this off, I no longer see the GMT time as well.

kloudy52

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I have iphone 6. My calendar is a google email account that I only use for the calendar. I manually added it through the "add account" on the phone. When I enter an appointment on the calendar on the phone it displays the GMT time in the "Location" slot. It is on my calendar in the right place, but how do I stop it from showing the GMT?

Hughes Law

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree and am still looking for the answer to this...I think it is a bug because I entered it manually and it is still showing up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73