Missing album artwork

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have three Apple devices which updated to iOS 8: iPhone 5s, iTouch 5, and rMini. Update went pretty smooth though it took a while. Still exploring the new features. I did notice on my phone (and only phone) that I am missing album artwork and wondered how to get it back? These were purchases I made through iTunes so music wasn't sideloaded.

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Bummed. I have over 2000 songs. That resync is gonna take a while. I sync music via MediaMonkey by the way, I'm sure they don't support iOS 8 yet though.

Last edited:

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out without going through iTunes to sync. My music on my phone was in the cloud and playable since I have an unlimited data plan through Sprint. Saves memory when I my iPhone only has 16gb. I just downloaded the songs that didn't have the album artwork (which added it afterward) then deleted and put each back in the cloud. All the artwork stayed attached to each song.

samintoronto

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I dont have anything in the cloud -- nor did i have it turned on while upgrading. It deleted the artwork for every album and song I have. I'm pretty pi$$ed about it.

It wouldnt let me update just through my ipad. Under Software Update, it said that I only had 1.1gb left. I had to connect it to my laptop (windows) and update it through itunes on my laptop. When it connected to my laptop, it said I had 19gb available.

It also added yet another program (tips) which I cannot delete and which is just taking up space on my ipad.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I have to delete each album (by deleting each SONG individually) then reload them on to the ipad. That's ridiculous and not worth it.

So far, I don't see what is the big deal about this update. The "voice" message capability is slow and clunky. The missing album artwork is annoying and the unnecessary and unwanted programs are irksome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711