iOS 8 and uploading photos to Facebook

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
For the most part, I never used the Facebook app on either my iPhone or iPad because I didn't care for the layout. I would just use the safari browser and it worked well..... until iOS 8.

With iOS 8, I can no longer upload pictures via the browser on either device. The photo just will NOT upload for me to post. When I use the Facebook app, I can upload a picture, but all of my pictures are not accessible.

For instance, when I go into the app and tap the photo button, it brings up some pictures and shows 'Camera Roll' at the top. If I tap on Camera Roll to view other folders/more photos, I only get that 1 folder (with 21 photos) and 2 other folders (no idea where they came from, but they each only have 1 photo). I have no way to see my 'Collections' or 'Recently Added' or 'Videos' as I see when I go into the Photo app.

Anyone else having this issue? Am I missing something with not being able to see the other photo folders from the Facebook app?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't use the FB app so its difficult to help you but if you want to post an old photo I could only recommend you find the photo in collections and screenshot it to make it current that might work out for you

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion. That does work, however I cannot tag people when photos are uploaded that way. I have to go into the uploaded photo in FB and then add the tag(s).

Good workaround for now, though, until they figure it out.

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree the app is terrible, but I can at least upload pics via the app. What I can't do upload pics to FB using the Safari browser, either via iPhone or iPad.

Hmmm...maybe I will try Chrome....

Dougrrr

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I just discovered this glitch myself. A wtf moment for sure. I opened my alt browser Side by Side and uploaded the photo no problem. yet another use for a great app!

BTW, I dont use the FB app. I use FB mobile.

Last edited: