iPhone 5S iOS 8 update

jbmaglunog

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!

So after updating my 5S this morning, I can definitely notice that it's a tad bit slower than when it was on 7.1.2. It FEELS as if it was an iPhone 4 updated to iOS 7. So my question is, did I do something wrong? Upgraded OTA, deleted stuff to get me that ridiculously large 5GB of space for the installation. Is it just indexing, like what my other mates tell me? Also tried unlocking right after a reboot, the screen freezes after entering my passcode. It has never happened on me when it was on 7.1.2. Sorry, but these bother me so much. Any ideas would be appreciated.

cheers

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
My daughters iPhone 5c dos the same thing. She said it was slow. She rebooted her phone and it's now just as quick as wit was before

I have an iPhone 5 and have noticed no difference in speed generally, however have noticed that the predictive text seems much smoother and faster.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any real difference personally on either my iPhone 5 or my iPad 2 -- I do reboot the devices after going through the setup screens every time, though, and that seems to knock any cobwebs out of the way.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My 5S and iPad Air are both running well on iOS 8 so far. I plugged them both in and updated through iTunes on my MacBook Pro. I rarely update OTA.

the1onlyjosh

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I did a clean install on my 5 and it running just as good if not better. But as for my iPad mini seems to have slowed down a little.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How do you do a clean install? I'm missing features on my install. Voice Siri doesn't work on the charger and actionable notifications doesn't work on the lock screen. I only get an X when I slide to the left.

Upgraded a 5c and everything works like a charm. Don't know what's going on with the 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Here's a screen shot of my 5s lock screen
f5e4655bc6fa30e0d095f7d940266c55.jpg

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The 5c i did OTA. The 5s i did through iTunes cause I had to make space. Both installs appear to be slightly different.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Have those of you reporting trouble done a reboot? It worked for me.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Just like others have said, reboot. Mine was seriously laggy but after a reboot it's just as snappy as ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

So after updating my 5S this morning, I can definitely notice that it's a tad bit slower than when it was on 7.1.2. It FEELS as if it was an iPhone 4 updated to iOS 7. So my question is, did I do something wrong? Upgraded OTA, deleted stuff to get me that ridiculously large 5GB of space for the installation. Is it just indexing, like what my other mates tell me? Also tried unlocking right after a reboot, the screen freezes after entering my passcode. It has never happened on me when it was on 7.1.2. Sorry, but these bother me so much. Any ideas would be appreciated.

cheers

Hello JB

The iOS 8 update on the 5s shouldn't slow down your device at all. Try doing a Hard Reset by holding the power and home button down at the same time until the screen goes dark wait a few seconds and then power your device back up

Also go to the App Store and make sure your getting all the app updates for iOS 8 there are a lot of them coming in hourly

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Seems alright for me. Just some bugs every now and then.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hello JB

The iOS 8 update on the 5s shouldn't slow down your device at all. Try doing a Hard Reset by holding the power and home button down at the same time until the screen goes dark wait a few seconds and then power your device back up

Also go to the App Store and make sure your getting all the app updates for iOS 8 there are a lot of them coming in hourly

This. I had the same issue yesterday and a hard reboot fixed the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711