Swype vs SwiftKey- fight!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Both seem pretty good. I don't think Swype asked for full access but Swiftkey did. That's affecting my current decision. Swiftkey was pretty accurate with its word prediction, though. To the point of being kind of scary. Right now I'm using Swype, but Swiftkey is installed.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes so far I'm liking SwiftKey. I like Swype but I'm using SwiftKey more it's very accurate and fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I also think SwiftKey will be working better on the iPhone 6 and 6 plus because of the bigger screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petrosil

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Swype-all the way. Although I was very excited at the prospect at getting Swiftkey, it is nothing like the version I use on Android. Swype on the other hand is very similar, it has secondary characters on the keys which can be selected by long pressing and that is what I truly missed when having to use the Apple keyboard. I wish it had directional arrows on it like the Android Swiftkey but...

Swype was the original 'swipe type' keyboard and I used it for a while before Swiftkey came out. This version of Swype costs $.99 but l bet Swiftkey will offer their $3.99 version shortly and then all the missing options will show up.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Swype-all the way. Although I was very excited at the prospect at getting Swiftkey, it is nothing like the version I use on Android. Swype on the other hand is very similar, it has secondary characters on the keys which can be selected by long pressing and that is what I truly missed when having to use the Apple keyboard. I wish it had directional arrows on it like the Android Swiftkey but...

Swype was the original 'swipe type' keyboard and I used it for a while before Swiftkey came out. This version of Swype costs $.99 but l bet Swiftkey will offer their $3.99 version shortly and then all the missing options will show up.

Swiftkey switched to a free version a little while back on Android (I use both OS) and said its staying that way. The only thing you can purchase are themes.

I am using swiftkey for now but downloading Swype later on and gonna give it a spin.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Still trying out swiftkey, Swype, and fleksy. You can't voice dictate on either of them and the swiping on the first two keyboards is useless to me in landscape mode. I was taught that you always put two spaces after a period to end a sentence. Fleksy uses gestures and tapping the spacebar twice adds a second period. Grammatically that is hard for me to swallow.

FrodoBaggins

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Swiftkey doesn't seem to be available for quick reply feature. Someone to confirm? Does Swype works with that new feature?

I found it works when you're using the phone and drag a notification down. On the lock screen dragging a text message left it will not work, and you can only use the Emoji keyboard. Haven't tried Swype though.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Still trying out swiftkey, Swype, and fleksy. You can't voice dictate on either of them and the swiping on the first two keyboards is useless to me in landscape mode. I was taught that you always put two spaces after a period to end a sentence. Fleksy uses gestures and tapping the spacebar twice adds a second period. Grammatically that is hard for me to swallow.

One space after the period has been the standard for years now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW