Hey Siri

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The feature is disabled by default so you need to go to Settings>General>Siri to enable it
8cf964eb845c2bdad461486632224ab6.jpg

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the big things I have been waiting for. I use Siri one helluva lot to send SMS and so on. Now I can just say "Hey Siri," I can send SMS when it's attached to my car mount and plugged in too, which keeps my attention on the road. First time i've ever been able to send SMS whilst driving.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I just turned it on myself. I may play with it later tonight when I go plug my phone in, heh.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Just did that. Now it works. Still can't get actionable notifications to work on the lock screen tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
probably a battery life thing.... imagine the threads on battery life with hey siri as the culprit. :laughing:
I wonder if the issue will be resolved by the addition of a low power coprocessor on the iPhone 6S, much like the Moto X, for dedicated always on voice processing?

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the issue will be resolved by the addition of a low power coprocessor on the iPhone 6S, much like the Moto X, for dedicated always on voice processing?

I thought they would do that for the iPhone and 6/6 Plus. But disappointedly enough, they did not include it (unless I missed something). Here's to hoping the next gen of devices have this feature.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I was testing her today and as long as it's quiet she will hear you from a good distance and react right away

Asked for the time

Asked her to enable DND

Asked her to play specific music which she played thru the CC instead of opening the music app. Works very well

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked on hard reboot yesterday, then stopped working again today. This seems to be a problem with my specific install

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been using this feature in the car since the initial beta days. Love the feature, specially the one where it reads the messages and gives you the option to reply back. All without looking away from the road and both hands (3-9) on the steering wheel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2