Hey Siri

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been using this feature in the car since the initial beta days. Love the feature, specially the one where it reads the messages and gives you the option to reply back. All without looking away from the road and both hands (3-9) on the steering wheel.

Never done that what command do you use?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been using this feature in the car since the initial beta days. Love the feature, specially the one where it reads the messages and gives you the option to reply back. All without looking away from the road and both hands (3-9) on the steering wheel.

I figured it out very handy indeed or rather handless lol

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had my phone charging on a table next to my TV and Siri said I don't understand what you said. Freaked me out. Someone on said something on CNN that sounded let like Hey Siri.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I enabled this on my Air today and have utilized it quite a few times ! I have it enabled on my 5C also and can't wait till I actually need it in the car... Instead of having to pick up my 5C and hold the home button to get Siri I can just summons her with a simple "hey Siri!" lol

It certainly is very convenient and useful indeed!:)

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, it would have been great if the phone did not have to be plugged in. I use Siri a good amount and that would be nice.
What I do think they should have done though is make it available only to "your" voice, like the MotoX does when off. Anyone can trigger her, even the TV.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The feature is disabled by default so you need to go to Settings>General>Siri to enable it
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/8cf964eb845c2bdad461486632224ab6.jpg

A great feature and have been using it all through the betas. But since the GM I've found it to be too sensitive (if that's the right word). When I speak to my son or call his name (Pessi), it activates and you obviously have a couple of similar sounding letters in there. Yesterday I was talking to him about his dinner and it just activated and started telling me about the weather for the next 3 days! Very annoying.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, it would have been great if the phone did not have to be plugged in. I use Siri a good amount and that would be nice.
What I do think they should have done though is make it available only to "your" voice, like the MotoX does when off. Anyone can trigger her, even the TV.

I see this as a huge flaw in the Hey Siri implementation. Anyone or anything can activate it. The Moto X requires you to train it to recognize your voice only. Apple's implementation opens up your iDevice to all sorts of pranks (setting alarms for 3 in the morning on a co-worker's plugged in iPhone) or just plain annoyances (activating based on something it heard on TV). In the case of Hey Siri, Apple neither did it first nor did it better.

Sent from somewhere

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure they will be able to tweak it based on user feedback. You can always send your concerns to them here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Thank you Robert

I agree with everyone after updating my girlfriends i5 and enabling Hey Siri "mind you she uses the male voice" last night I tried to ask Siri the temperature and I got both barrels at once

This is not working for me another guy's voice in my bedroom

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Robert

I agree with everyone after updating my girlfriends i5 and enabling Hey Siri "mind you she uses the male voice" last night I tried to ask Siri the temperature and I got both barrels at once

This is not working for me another guy's voice in my bedroom

All you need to do is add a plugged-in iPad to the mix. Then you'll get Siri in 3D! Can you image three iDevices all responding to the same "Hey Siri" inquiry? That's just nuts!

Sent from somewhere

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh