Continuity

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Which iPad / phone do you guys have? It doesn't work with all of them.

Continuity features are available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPod touch (5th generation).

So I can't use it iPad to phone, myself, but when Yosemite comes out I can do this stuff on my MacBook, which is cool.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

ne0stai2dust

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
michikade is right. It only works on certain ones. Continuity only works works with the devices he's listed, you must be logged into the same icloud account (had nothing to do with iCloud Drive) and on the same exact wifi network for continuity to work.

curtb

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Which iPad / phone do you guys have? It doesn't work with all of them.

Continuity features are available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPod touch (5th generation).

So I can't use it iPad to phone, myself, but when Yosemite comes out I can do this stuff on my MacBook, which is cool.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

I have a iPhone 5 and a iPad mini retina, I am on the same network. The iphone will ring but it will not pass it off to the iPad.

ne0stai2dust

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you logged into your icloud account on both devices? Mine worked right out of the gate once I logged into the same icloud account on the same wifi network and I have the same set up as you curtb.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine works between my iPhone 5 & iPad Air as well. In fact I was a little startled when they started ringing at the same time as I didn't know about Continuity. I am loving iOS 8 so far. Now to get the hubby to pick up the iPhone 6..... 😉

rbragg5

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the iPad mini retina and 5c and it doesn't work for me either. I get a warning on my iPad telling me: iPhone calls not available, at the top and under that: Your iPhone is not configured to allow cellular calls using other devices.

:/

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just did the power button/home button reset on both devices, and now it works like a charm! Amazing what a reboot will fix!

boogaloo1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I have iPhone 5 and 3rd Gen iPad and I can get it to do the call hand off. It was weird, I got a call on my iphone but my ipad was ringing at the same time. I thought it was a glitch. So then I called myself from my home phone, answered by swiping answer on the iPad and it picked up the call.

Has anyone else tried it on their 3rd Gen iPad? I know it's a 3rd gen, it has the retina display with the big charger, not the lightning cable.

rbragg5

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
OK, there is a setting under FaceTime. It's a toggle for iPhone Cellular Calls. Turn that on and it should work now.

ne0stai2dust

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
if a hard reset didnt work, then you may have to wipe the phone and ipad and start clean and set up as a new iphone/ipad. that would be a last resort.