Continuity

wwlad

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Which iPad / phone do you guys have? It doesn't work with all of them.

Continuity features are available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPod touch (5th generation).

So I can't use it iPad to phone, myself, but when Yosemite comes out I can do this stuff on my MacBook, which is cool.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I have been trying everything to get the Continuity thing working between my iPhone 4S, iPad (4th gen) and Macbook 2010.

At first I thought it was the Macbook - a good an excuse to trade Old Faithful in on a new Macbook Air. Now it seems I need a new iPhone too. You just have to admire Apple's marketing stategy!

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
On WWDC they were talking about iphone cellular internet connection gets used by your iPad automatically when out and about. Does anyone know how to activate this feature?

Warrior Scribe

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue on my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini w/ Retina. There's no actual continuity between the devices. I've done a reset and everything, but still nothing. I did get Mail app to give me the icon in the bottom left of my iPad when I was using it, but when i tried to open it I receive this error message:

IMG_0119.jpg

I've also noticed there's no consistency in the Photos app when I take a photo on one device it does not show up on the other. Also, the Favorites album isn't showing on my iPad. Not sure if it's all related, but just some observations from this morning.

NYSportzNut

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have all the settings correct on both my iPhone 5 & iPad Mini Retina - handoff works great, but I cannot make or receive calls from my iPad mini. The phone call screen activates & I get an error message that my iPhone needs to be connected to the same wifi network as my iPad and I know they both are connected. Any ideas?

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you people also have the same issue that Handoff for the iWork does not work? For every other app like Safari, Mail, Maps, Reminders etc it works perfectly but not for the iWork

Diego Cyrano

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Nothing works on my devices! I have a iPhone 5s and an iPad Air. Both logged in with the same iCloud account and both on the same wifi. Bluetooth is turned on on both. Yet nothing happens. I don't have any setting under FaceTime for iPhone cellular something. What's going on? I know that the messages side of thing is due in October but I keep reading all over the place of people getting calls to their iPad. Any tips?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my phone calls are working, but not handoff with emails or messages. Just to be sure that I am doing it correctly, here is my procedure: I open the mail app on my iPhone 5, select G-mail, pick a recipient, and then put "test" in the subject field. I then lay my phone down, pick up my Air and open the mail app and go to Gmail. Nothing there about an ongoing message. Am I doing it wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I got this to work at home the other day, but not at work (maybe the work WiFi is blocking it somehow)?

Anyway, at home if I had on of my devices inactive/locked (either the iPhone 5 or iPad mini w/ retina) and started an email or went to a website, when I picked up the other device and pressed the Home button, there was another icon in the bottom LEFT of the screen. That icon corresponded with the app I was working with on the original device. A quick swipe UP and it would go into the app and continue with the email or website.

But....now at work again and not working. Sad face.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok, apple said that continuity wouldn't work on my iPad but apparently I DO get call alerts. I dunno if it rang or not because I noticed the missed call notification, but interesting to say the least. Good job, Apple, I like surprises :)

(Now, if my phone could magically show up in the next couple days, that would be fantastic).

James Smith34

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I would LOVE to hear Apples real reason for not allowing us pathetic iPad 3rd generation users to have continuity and hand off.

SOME people are saying they DID have it the first day and then it was taken away!

I also can't help but notice how much slower my iPad is after ios8, and the numerous keyboard glitches as well as crashes.

Two possible outcomes: I sell my iPad at a loss and buy a new one for **** reasons OR look into Apples biggest competition when my contract expires.

Hmm decisions decisions.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Which iPad / phone do you guys have? It doesn't work with all of them.

Continuity features are available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPod touch (5th generation).

So I can't use it iPad to phone, myself, but when Yosemite comes out I can do this stuff on my MacBook, which is cool.

The Mother-in-laws 1st gen iPad Mini rings when her phone rings & she's got a 4S, if it only works with a 5 up how is it that it works for her?

Roland

amit9

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I am based in uae where facetime is blocked. Is that the reason, why i am not getting handoff for calls working on iphone 5s and ipad air?

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
The Mother-in-laws 1st gen iPad Mini rings when her phone rings & she's got a 4S, if it only works with a 5 up how is it that it works for her?

Roland

The list was from Apple itself, so Bits and pieces of handoff and continuity may work with older devices but Apple isn't guaranteeing it.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro