iOS 8 Hangouts Notifications

mhettrich

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I use google hangouts to communicate with most of my friends, and since updating to iOS 8 this morning, have not been getting notifications when a new message is received. Anyone else having similar issues?

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Check in Notification Settings to see if they're turned on. The wife had this same problem with Whatsapp.

Roland

Raphael Baier

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Yep, same here. Apple has issues with messengers i guess. Whatsapp lost it's backup ability in iOS 8 and Hangouts can't notify you anymore.

rjedge54

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I believe apps have to be updates with the new notification api before it works. I have had quite a few update since upgrading my iPad specifically for IOS 8 compatibility and noticed that the interactive notifications only starting working after the third party apps were updated.

scwleung

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It may be the Background App Refresh setting? You can find it in the specific app menu in the Settings app, or you can access all Background App Refresh setting in the Background App Refresh submenu under General in the Settings app...

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have notifications on and background app refresh on by my iPhone still won't get notifications. Now that it's 8 is out I'll just wait for an update

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have notifications on and background app refresh on by my iPhone still won't get notifications. Now that it's 8 is out I'll just wait for an update

Try deleting the app and readding. I think it's a bug in iOS 8. A few of my apps were doing the same thing wher I would have the notifications on in the settings but wouldn't get notified

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Try deleting the app and readding. I think it's a bug in iOS 8. A few of my apps were doing the same thing wher I would have the notifications on in the settings but wouldn't get notified

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling hangouts and restarting my iPhone and I still don't receive any notifications :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Notifications for Facebook Messenger are in 2 places. ? Settings>Notifications> Messenger and Settings>Messenger> Notifications. Maybe both places have to be set. All apps are on the first menu page in settings. Check your messages apps there too.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Steve Fuentes

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Had same problem as far as notfications they went to randomly getting some then not getting any for a few hours after update. Then all of a sudden started working and Sunday they stopped again. Both my Ipad air and iphone, I think is the apple server that handles this but I have seen no mentions of anybody havent issues until this forum.

cmconner156

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with Hangouts and HipChat. As someone mentioned, I deleted the apps and installed them again and everything started working for me.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Went on google's product forum and founds many people had success if they just signed out of their hangouts account via the app.

I just tried that and BING, notifications are working again.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been playing around with hangout recently, and I just found out that to delete the conversation history, we need to click our friends profile, then click detail and click delete history. Can't we use swipe delete as usual messenger ?

and I notice that my hangout work so slow. I do add 5 google account in it, is this the reason ? or anyone happened to experience this as well ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234