Screen is noticeably dimmer after iOS 8 update...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I usually keep my phone with full brightness during the day, but I notice that after the update, my devices screen is clearly dimmer than normal. Anyone else notice this?

Auto-brightness is turned off btw.

ctl904

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That's funny- I also tend to keep my screen at max brightness most of the time, no auto brightness, but I can't say that it seems more dim to me. I was thinking though that on the dim end it does seem darker to me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I usually keep my phone with full brightness during the day, but I notice that after the update, my devices screen is clearly dimmer than normal. Anyone else notice this?

I haven't noticed anything like that, Sean. Have you rebooted to see if the brightness increases?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had it when I installed the GM, turned on Auto.. turned off Auto, did a hard reboot, problem solved.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

I have noticed the same thing. I'm running iOS8 Gm on iPhone 5S 32GB and my screen is most definitely dimmer.

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Yes my phone and pad did the same..changed them in settings and they are fine and did not revert back to the dimness.

rockhulkfist

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This JUST happened to me, I noticed my screen was dimmer than usual at the highest brightness. Saw that it was set to auto brightness. Disabled it but still was way too dim at full brightness setting on the slider. So I did the 3x screen and low and behold it was set to low light mode. How does this happen? did I someone accidentally enable it? Thanks Matheus!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro