Any way to turn off "frequently visited" section in Safari?

TWLV27

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Still shows up for me :(
Also very unconvincingly shows some sites I prefer not to let people know of lol and they keep appearing after I delete them

Turtle Dude

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Turning off Spotlight Suggestions in Safari Settings does NOT turn off/hide "Frequently Visited," as is suggested above. I'm also not entirely sure how "At least we can turn it off." somehow merits an audible laugh.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that didn't seem to do the trick. I guess I'll have to just keep deleting everything as it shows up. It's not a bad feature but you should be able to turn it off for privacy purposes.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just a guess, but does private browsing remove them? If not, it kind of defeats the purpose of private browsing if it’s going to save where you were and display it back to you.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess, but does private browsing remove them? If not, it kind of defeats the purpose of private browsing if it?s going to save where you were and display it back to you.

I don't know. I haven't used private browsing too much since downloading ios8.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I only have 3 listed. One is iMore. :) I'll have to watch that and not make some sites frequent. Not that it matters. No one sees my Safari. My Wife doesn't even look at hers. I also use the Puffin browser. And I have a private browser in my purchased list I could bring back. But I don't go to any sites unfit for family anyway. Mostly political, football or tech.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I only have 3 listed. One is iMore. :) I'll have to watch that and not make some sites frequent. Not that it matters. No one sees my Safari. My Wife doesn't even look at hers. I also use the Puffin browser. And I have a private browser in my purchased list I could bring back. But I don't go to any sites unfit for family anyway. Mostly political, football or tech.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I understand that. I just think it's odd to put so much personal info out front and browsing history is personal info no matter how tame it may be. When history is hidden under the history tab, at least someone would have to go through your phone to find it. Now they just have to be looking over your shoulder or open a new browser window. It's not bad functionality. Just would like the ability to turn it off.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
eda6ygym.jpg

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My private browsing is on all the time and there is zero history in my browser. The private browsing tab become white, when it is on.

Yeah but it's glitchy. This happens all the time to me. Yes I have rebooted my phone.

5360b3b5a80d925a4772c43d25e47a47.jpg
2932795cb0be10f5adaa5aae47a71a3f.jpg

And at times the screen becomes unresponsive. Never happens in the regular browser.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234