Lost a lot of photos after upgrade to iOS 8

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I know... I hear an "I told you so" coming, BUT..... I've lost a bunch of photos after upgrading to iOS 8 on both my iPhone and iPad. I had recent iCloud backups on both, and did move some photos off to my computer, but not all. I'd guess I had 400+ pics on my iPhone and now I have..... 21. Not sure why I have those, as they are in a folder marked 'Recently Added'. Maybe they will magically appear later....?

Other than that, so far I am liking the new OS and using all of the super helpful articles here to learn about the new features.

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh, HEY, looky there! But wow.... I am not sure about that 'view'. Is there a way to have it show them in folders like it used to? I'm sure I'm missing something (else) here.

And thanks!

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'm resorting to looking at Apple's website, which isn't very helpful.

Miss chatting with you, btw, hope things have been good for you!

EDIT: My iPad suddenly has 127 'Recently Added' pics. I think it's catching up or something. Will check it again later.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I was 90 percent downloaded after waiting four hours then when I plugged my phone in I went to exit out of the sync and exited the download.... Not happy

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I give up trying to upload this damn iOS 8. I've wasted a full day trying to get it and it fails right at the end

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually I like this view. The pics are in my backup so they're not "lost" and my folders are much more cleaned up.
Now if I could just keep it this way....

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
It takes getting used to, much like any update/upgrade/new iOS... But don't worry: By the time you'll figure iOS 8 out, Apple will introduce iOS 9 :nerd: (Personally, I can't wait for iPhone 7 with a spunky iOS 9.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711