iOS 8 is LIVE

Simeon Herbert

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Things are running very smooth today, but cannot get over how many apps have updated today!!!

Cannot wait until tomorrow, however with logistical problems I might find my iPhone 6 and I don't meet up until next week.

I asked Apple to change my delivery address to my work in Glasgow, rather than my home in London as my wife is out, but the invoice and delivery note still says London. If she misses it tomorrow then it might not arrive until Monday and I'll be back in Glasgow!!! (assuming us English will be allowed back in next week).

Anyway - enjoy iOS 8 and enjoy iPhone 6 more!!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow I am truly impressed. This is an awesome OS.
Smooth, silky, FAST.
Got several friends at work who all updated and they're all chuffed to bits.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
OMG I love iOS 8 on my iPhone and iPad. The way that widgets in notification centre refresh your whole device is superb. Also, the battery life on my 5s seems to be a lot better. I had quite decent battery life on 7.1.2 but iOS 8 seems much better. 2014-09-18 17.59.14.png

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Loving iOS8...only complaint so far is that you can't pull down the Today screen/widgets from the lock screen. Having to unlock and pull it down from the home screen seems kind of counter-intuitive.

edit- never mind, I just figured out how to do it. :)

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone still having issues downloading? I tried my wife's again today and it's still lagging badly with "4 hours to go"

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
supremely nice. update smoothly and all seems very great.
So far my favorite features would have to be quick reply, request desktop site and handoff.

sotonlad

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded iOS 8 and when on mail if you swipe to quickly you delete your email!!! completly stupid and camera roll and photo stream have completely disappeared along with all my photos there is only recent photos and I only have 7 photos I'm very pissed off right now!!!!!! Wish I hadn't updated good luck all

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded iOS 8 and when on mail if you swipe to quickly you delete your email!!! completely stupid and camera roll and photo stream have completely disappeared along with all my photos there is only recent photos and I only have 7 photos I'm very pissed off right now!!!!!! Wish I hadn't updated good luck all
if you accidentally delete an email it should still be in the trash section. worth a check anyway.

Matthew Barclay

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I finally managed to connect to the iOS servers around 15:00 EDT (USA) on my 5c but not my computer. It took about an hour, hour and a half to download and install. In defence of my device, however, the WiFi in my house is lousy where I am, so I should've gone downstairs. It's been running well since about 17:00 the same day.
My appleTV took 5 hours to download and install its update.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
nice! anyone had it on their ipad mini already? would love to hear your experience before I update mine. cheers!

I did my mum's mini & air, as well as my dad's Air all back to back without a hitch. All is well and my mum & dad are happy☺

Edit to add: all 3 were done OTA.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR