iOS 8 is LIVE

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I canceled and tried redoing it and now its saying 17 hours. LMAO! screw it. I'll just wait till tomorrow when the gazillions of others aren't slamming the servers.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
jealous. just tried again and it said 21 hours. if others can do it in under 2 hours, then it doesn't make sense why I can't. a slammed server would delay everybody wouldn't it?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
jealous. just tried again and it said 21 hours. if others can do it in under 2 hours, then it doesn't make sense why I can't. a slammed server would delay everybody wouldn't it?

Try rebooting your phone and PC. Maybe that will help, just a thought.
Are you also sure you have a strong wifi connection?

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm connected directly to cable. watching netflix so the connection is fine. I'll try rebooting the iphone and computer.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
just rebooted both mac and iPhone. made sure all programs were turned off, and not even Netflix was streaming. it says 17 hours. geez. I have to be at work in 16 hours. LOL not enough time to download it.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just did my backup iPhone, took less than an hour.

Either it's your home WiFi, or different parts of the world get differential access to servers...

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Took me about 25-30 minutes to download when I got back to the office around an hour after launch today. Took longer to prepare the update than it did to download.

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Started download: 24hours
Here I am 4 hours later & I'm at 23 hours.
Is there anything at all I can do to speed it up??? Don't want to cancel it only to lose what little progress I have made. Using iTunes on my desktop to do the update.

Sent from my White iPad Mini / 16gb

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
From my previous post, I will try to word this differently. When the 5 series came out, I remember Apple giving you the Office apps as a free download.
I don't use them, but they were in the Cloud to download if I chose to. After iOS 8,those apps are gone, and a search yields paying $10 each again.
What I have noticed, a search on my iPad shows free, my iPhone shows $10.
I am puzzled as to why Apple would remove them from my app selection on my phone??

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal