iOS 8 is LIVE

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I successfully updated by iP5. I was going through the settings and just learning what was new. I selected the "hey, Siri" option but it did not work. So I went back to the settings and I can't find anything for Siri? Isn't it in General==>Siri? Where did it go? Also, when I hold the home button down I get a "Voice Control" screen. Not what I was looking for on that.

UPDATE: I found it. The "restrictions" option was the culprit. It is working now. Whew!!

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My 5C updated without a hitch. But I made the mistake of enabling iCloud Drive.
It's in a constant upgrading loop for the past half hour.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Because of my disastrous experience with IOS7, I'll be cautious: I am not updating my iPad Air, but I am updating my iTouch 5th gen. Then I'll decide what to do about my iPad.

I am going to wait about a month. One reason to get all the applications updated when updates are available.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

znoblebb

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
its unfortunate the public release is the same as the GM.. Facebook has been working terribly throughout the GM with freezing and locking up, even crashing.. and thats after a clean install

Going to really suck if that ends up being a major public issue

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted and it's working fine now.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
its unfortunate the public release is the same as the GM.. Facebook has been working terribly throughout the GM with freezing and locking up, even crashing.. and thats after a clean install

Going to really suck if that ends up being a major public issue

That's the app, not the OS.

It updated this afternoon and is working fine now.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Finally home from work and downloading. Keeps fluctuating between an hour and 45 min time remaining. Only 4 more devices to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I was on the GM, downgraded back to 7.1.2, and then upgraded to 8. Our school's WiFi handled it pretty well actually! In one of my classes, must of our 43 were upgrading, and it only took about 30 minutes to download!

SwiftKey is awesome!

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I started downloading around 2 central time. it said 8 hours then. now it says six. almost 4 hours later. LOL would it go faster if I stopped the download and then restarted it or would that screw it up?

Adriano55

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
[Please, if you can tell me after update iOS 8 whether to back a full screen photo caller ID, which was discontinued after iOS 7.06.
Very thanks for the information!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner