Official 'Waiting for iOS 8' Party Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's safe but a at this point you might as well wait. If you wait you can do it as an OTA update. If you install the GM, its a full restore via iTunes.

If you option click update it will let you do it as well. I tested after I did the full restore though and it let me reinstall that way without complete wipe. Should have tested on an iOS 7 device.

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
OH MY GODDDDD - I am being patient, and will wait for official release. When I fet that notification I will be one happy bunny. That should tide me over with the 'new phone feel' until I have the funds for the iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey. *sigh*

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriends i5 doesn't have the room to OTA update so it's iTunes full restore for her I need to clear down her Other file size anyhow. But I'm gonna go OTA for today and probably do a full restore this weekend

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently running the GM.

In this version Siri Shazzam integration is completely disabled but apparently in the official release it'll be enabled. Does this mean i'll see the update tonight, or will I have to restore my iPhone in order to get it? The Siri "What song am I listening to" was the feature I was looking forward to most!

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I am in UK too. What I can't understand is that you have waited so long for iOS8 to be released officially and six and a half HOURS to go, you can't wait any longer and want to install the GM.

That makes me chuckle.

when the wife updated her 4S to iOS7 last year she had trouble getting it to update first time using both OTA and iTunes updates, so I thought that using the GM for iOS8 might take some of the pressure off of the Apple Servers & make for a more trouble free update.

Roland

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
If you option click update it will let you do it as well. I tested after I did the full restore though and it let me reinstall that way without complete wipe. Should have tested on an iOS 7 device.

Can confirm. Updated my iOS 7.1.2 5C this way. No data loss and was done in about 15 minutes.

Make sure you backup first though, can never be too safe! But this was last week for me. Might as well wait for the OTA at this point if you haven't upgraded yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods