Official 'Waiting for iOS 8' Party Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
With all this iPhone 6 talk I for one am eagerly awaiting the release of iOS 8. I can't wait for it to get here. That will keep me busy for a few days while awaiting the arrival of my new iPhone.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Waiting for the official IOS 8 to get here.

Those days are over for me. I can wait.

Last edited:

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Download the GM
Unzip it to get the .ipsw file
Make sure you have a backup whether that's an iCloud or iTunes backup.
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes.
Open iTunes and connect your phone.
Option (alt for Windows) click the Restore button
Select the .ipsw file
Wait for it to finish.
During the normal iPhone set up process choose whether the restore from an iTunes or iCloud backup.

Lots of people ran into trouble if they were running the Yosemite beta and iTunes 12. So I wouldn't recommend the GM if you have that. But if you are on Mavericks or Windows and running the latest iTunes 11, then you'll be fine.

The only downside is it takes time because it is not an OTA update so you have to go they the restore process which can take a will depending on how much stuff and apps it has to download during the restore.
Just a clarification. Is it shift or alt ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After I did my iPad mini and iPhone 5 I realized I could have used update vs restore. Is that not an option? May use that on my wife's phone to save time with restoring.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Lightweight. :)

Actually, it?s a matter of early with the hassle of doing the upgrade via iTunes or wait and get the ease of OTA.

I'll probably do a full wipe and install because I'm gonna give my 5S to my son anyway so I'm just gonna wait until I get my 6 next week.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait for wed to get here so I can read what people think. I've read on one of the apple boards to wait a few days before downloading as the server are packed & you might not get all the features & it's better to download via itunes rather then OTA, is that true

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can't wait for wed to get here so I can read what people think. I've read on one of the apple boards to wait a few days before downloading as the server are packed & you might not get all the features & it's better to download via itunes rather then OTA, is that true

If the server is packed why wouldn't you get all the features? You're downloading the same firmware as everyone else.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a general idea when apple will flip the switch on Wednesday and allow the downloading of IOS 8?

Reason I ask is because I work nights and get off at 1230 Mountain time and wouldn't mind getting a headstart of downloading IOS 8 on my iPhone 5s & iPad Mini.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a general idea when apple will flip the switch on Wednesday and allow the downloading of IOS 8?

Reason I ask is because I work nights and get off at 1230 Mountain time and wouldn't mind getting a headstart of downloading IOS 8 on my iPhone 5s & iPad Mini.

Typically it happens at 10:00 am PDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73