[RESOLVED]Is there a way to change from kg to lbs in the new health app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theycallmejay

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
This may be a really stupid question with a simple fix in the settings but is there a way to change from kg to lbs in the new health app?

I checked in settings and wasn't able to find any settings for he health app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a way to change from kg to lbs in the new health app?

When I create a Medical ID, pounds is already listed when I enter my weight.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site

Maybe this is controlled by region settings? Mine is lbs and I'm set on the U.S.

theycallmejay

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm in Canada and can't seem to change kg to lbs when I add a new data point for weight :(

Eden Armstrong

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm in Canada too. I changed my location to the United States and that did the trick.

DenVan

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I'm in Canada too. I changed my location to the United States and that did the trick.

The problem is in Canada, most people use metric for distance, speed, food or liquid weights, etc. but prefer imperial weights for body weight and height. So I want to register my height and weight in feet and pounds, but track my food intake and workouts in grams and kilometers. Apple needs to fix this and add unit choices for each option or the app is useless to most Canadians - and others I'd imagine.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

The problem is in Canada, most people use metric for distance, speed, food or liquid weights, etc. but prefer imperial weights for body weight and height. So I want to register my height and weight in feet and pounds, but track my food intake and workouts in grams and kilometers. Apple needs to fix this and add unit choices for each option or the app is useless to most Canadians - and others I'd imagine.

eh?

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

It's set by region settings. I find it annoying as in the UK we use Metric for food weight, liquid volume & temperature but use Imperial for body weight, hight, traveling distance & speed meaning that my Health app is set to Metric yet I use Feet & Inches for my hight & Stone & Pounds for my weight which I can set in the Fitbit app, but in Health I have to us kg & cm. It's a shame that Apple doesn't allow hyhbrid Metric for people that use a combination of Metric & Imperial.

Roland

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Changing region to US has other implications, such as changing the short date format. Apple should fix the Health app to provide flexibility.

KellBrown

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

The US should finally just switch to the metric system. It's just them, Burma and Liberia holding out for some unknown reason.

Addersmit

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem. I use the "weight tracker for healthkit" app to enter weight in pounds and keep other settings in metric.

kass0064

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Go to the health app. on the bottom click health data. Click body measurements. Choose the measurement u want to change ie. Weight click kg and choose lbs ur watch should read it in lbs

Stimpy1968

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Many if not most countries use Imperial to different degrees. You can say the same thing about metric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods