iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else not have weather on the today screen? I can't seem to find how to add it back. I have the edit option but only to remove. Weird.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had checked all that first which is what was frustrating me. Looked again and there it was.... Must have been opening the app and waiting a bit for it to populate. THANKS!

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Seeing how Apple took so many features out of the GM that were previously in the betas, does anyone here think that the build that's released tomorrow publicly will be different from what most of us are running in the GM?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Seeing how Apple took so many features out of the GM that were previously in the betas, does anyone here think that the build that's released tomorrow publicly will be different from what most of us are running in the GM?

What features in the betas aren't in this GM, according to you?? Except Shazam not being integrated in Siri, I can't think of any

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
iCloud photos is kinda wonky. I've had some photos just disappear after turning it on. The sms relay, which I understand about them waiting for Yosemite GM. Also it seems like it's not optimized fully when it comes to battery, at least for my devices (5s, rMini). Makes me kinda believe that 8.0.1 will roll out right after launch

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iCloud photos is kinda wonky. I've had some photos just disappear after turning it on. The sms relay, which I understand about them waiting for Yosemite GM. Also it seems like it's not optimized fully when it comes to battery, at least for my devices (5s, rMini). Makes me kinda believe that 8.0.1 will roll out right after launch

After tomorrow, most of these problems you stated will be gone

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
iMessage has been giving more errors. When it fails, it fails immediately. I can hit send as text, but it just fails a lot quicker.

Also, full screen caller id pictures suck. Hate it. Much more professional with the postage stamp pic.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iMessage has been giving more errors. When it fails, it fails immediately. I can hit send as text, but it just fails a lot quicker.

Also, full screen caller id pictures suck. Hate it. Much more professional with the postage stamp pic.

Did you make sure iMessage is turned on? I had the same before I realized it was off by default when iOS 8 first boot up on a fresh install.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Plantronics headsets on the GM? My two headsets work but the answer button doesn't neither does the CallerId announcements.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

What features were pulled? Please stop spreading FUD.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting these logs on my 5S:
I have about 15 of them so far since I installed the beta yesterday and they all are the same expect for the time:
View attachment 64393
All of them say "thermal not updating", I had this issue with beta 5 but I only got about 4 a day, at the rate it's going I'll end up with close to 20 or more. I didn't have this issue with iOS 7.1.2 only beta 5 and now worse with the GM. I can't tell if it's my phone or iOS that's causing it.

I too had this happening on my iPhone 5 with IOS 8 GM...I have reinstalled Ios 7.1.2 back onto the phone since I wasnt sure why this kept showing up in the error logs.. I too am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? And if it is something to be concerned about? Thanks!

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Mmm if iOS 8 is so buggy why Apple bring it to public??? I have the feeling it's far from been ready and stable.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too had this happening on my iPhone 5 with IOS 8 GM...I have reinstalled Ios 7.1.2 back onto the phone since I wasnt sure why this kept showing up in the error logs.. I too am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? And if it is something to be concerned about? Thanks!

I've also have had this on my 5th gen iPod touch and my iPhone 4S along with my 5S. I think unless your phone starts getting really warm it's nothing to worry about too much.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Did you make sure iMessage is turned on? I had the same before I realized it was off by default when iOS 8 first boot up on a fresh install.

It's on. Been on. Just happens every now and then. More so when sending a picture message. Doesn't matter if it's on LTE or wi-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW