Can you answer a few question regarding iOS 8 GM?
This is the first year that I have done the beta thing and had some questions about updating to GM.
1. My understanding is that after GM is released, you just attach your iphone to iTunes and tell it to check for an update. Is this correct?
2. Do you have to be on beta 5 for it to find the GM update? I had to switch back to 7.1.2 because of some work apps so it would be nice if I could update to this.
3. Does updating to GM act like a restore and delete everything off your phone?
- 09-08-2014, 05:46 PM #2
- 09-08-2014, 05:46 PM #3
- 09-08-2014, 05:47 PM #4iMore Expert
- 784 Posts
Re: Ios 8 GM
If you have a dev account, you should be able to install the GM without loosing your personal data just like you were installing the beta version before. Install it with iTunes but do perform a back up of your files first.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- 09-10-2014, 02:18 PM #5
- 09-10-2014, 03:36 PM #6
- By brunamary in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 09-08-2014, 02:39 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2014, 01:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-08-2014, 10:43 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2014, 10:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2014, 04:12 AM