iOS 8 is a copy of the Blackberry OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Fanelli

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Saw someone with a BlackBerry, wait was that an iPhone? Na can't be using all if the features that I have, gesture based, reply from the toast notifications.....no! it's a dev ios8! Innovation people!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: ios8

Use a BlackBerry and then IOS 8....and I know apple is going to get the credit, I mean I respect apple and all but this is a carbon copy

Oh, I see what you're saying, but no thanks. I'll take your word for it. I'm currently running iOS 8 on my iPhone 5 and am quite pleased with it. It doesn't bother me one bit that it's a "carbon copy" of the Blackberry OS. To me, it's an enjoyable user experience on a device that I prefer...:)....and I'm a longtime Blackberry "fanboy"... for real.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Personally, if I never use a Blackberry again, it will be too soon. I had one for work and it was the most detestable, user unfriendly, ugly thing imaginable. My opinion of course.

So if I get you straight, what Apple have done is take an ugly, awkward device, ripped all the good bits from it and made them better. I can't see a downside here.

mjs416

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Personally, if I never use a Blackberry again, it will be too soon. I had one for work and it was the most detestable, user unfriendly, ugly thing imaginable. My opinion of course.

So if I get you straight, what Apple have done is take an ugly, awkward device, ripped all the good bits from it and made them better. I can't see a downside here.

You do realize Blackberry's are beyond OS 5 these days right? Ever use BB10? Didnt think so.

Apple has never been shy about ripping off others ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That must be why blackberry is doing so much better than apple... Honestly these threads are exhausting.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have blackberry z10 and a q10 and doesn't have anything with iOS.
But if I can I'll convert an iPhone + a blackberry 10 into one smartphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Saw someone with a BlackBerry, wait was that an iPhone? Na can't be using all if the features that I have, gesture based, reply from the toast notifications.....no! it's a dev ios8! Innovation people!

LOL!!!! BB10? The one on my Q10? The one that's a total rip off from WebOS???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on people!!!! Stop denying the obvious!!!!:rotfl:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That must be why blackberry is doing so much better than apple... Honestly these threads are exhausting.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Yah it shows the level of desperation of the BB acolytes. At 1 or 2% percent marketshare they're doing all they can to consider themselves relevant.

Even with the tank of the Apple stock last week BlackBerry's market cap is literally a fraction of Apple. The consumers who buy more iPhones in one week than BlackBerry does in a whole YEAR care only in what the iPhone does for them. The who copied whom is absolutely irrelevant when they choose iPhone over anything BlackBerry puts out.

BY.THE.TENS.OF.MILLIONS.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

Last edited:

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Whether of not someone copied someone else is irrelevant. It always is and will be, and I am not saying iOS 8 copied BlackBerry 10 but who copied who threads are tiring. Plus for us consumers does it really matter in the end?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Whether of not someone copied someone else is irrelevant. It always is and will be, and I am not saying iOS 8 copied BlackBerry 10 but who copied who threads are tiring. Plus for us consumers does it really matter in the end?

Not at all. And on top of that I don't have to rip off another platform's developers to get their unsupported apps on my device.

laingman

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
But apple is the one going around suing people left and right, and god knows they rip of more ideas than anybody else. And by the way ios multitasking is still not in the league of webos. It has a lot of hype tho, maybe that's why its they call it the hype phone

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But apple is the one going around suing people left and right, and god knows they rip of more ideas than anybody else. And by the way ios multitasking is still not in the league of webos. It has a lot of hype tho, maybe that's why its they call it the hype phone

And yet, people are here, in a forum primarily catering to Apple products and services, awaiting the launch of the new iPhone, and hoping to be among the first to purchase and receive one.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Not at all. And on top of that I don't have to rip off another platform's developers to get their unsupported apps on my device.

Haha it is true. They need to cut the nonsense and make an Android device already, Amazon is a third rate app store.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And yet, people are here, in a forum primarily catering to Apple products and services, awaiting the launch of the new iPhone, and hoping to be among the first to purchase and receive one.

And THAT is what counts. Tech enthusiasts can say what they want on an online forum. The consumer has spoken - where are BlackBerry and WebOS in relation to Apple?

Right....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR