IOS 8 email question

jrcase

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have always disliked the way iOS handled multiple contacts on an email. I have to click on one recipient then go back to contacts and click on another one then another one and so on..... I wish they would list all of my contacts at once with a check box where I can check off the recipients I want all at one time. Then send the email in a much quicker and efficient way. Does iOS 8 offer this?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be the same but I usually just start typing the names of the people I want to send email to and it populates the info and then I type the second and so on. That's a pretty seamless step.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean when you say you have to go "back to contacts"...can you describe a bit more clearly how you add your mail addresses to the "To:" field? There may be an easier way than what you're doing now.

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what you mean when you say you have to go "back to contacts"...can you describe a bit more clearly how you add your mail addresses to the "To:" field? There may be an easier way than what you're doing now.

What OP means is, they'll tap on the plus sign, and select a contact. Then click back on the plus sign and select one more. And if they have to mail 50 people, that's fifty cycles between the contacts UI and the mail. What they're asking for is a way to select multiple contacts at once.

I agree with phredyll, typing in the name and clicking on the suggestions seems to be the most seamless option, and I'd probably use that even if a checkbox method like the one OP is requesting existed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you start to type in an address, some email addresses will appear in the recents list according to the first letter typed. Type a "g" and all the addresses with g appear in the recents. That leaves out a bunch you have to keep typing more addresses. However, if you just type a symbol that is used in email addresses, then all your contacts will appear in the recents. Example, I type or enter a "." (Period). Or the "_". Then all contacts appear in the recents and you can quickly go down and tap those you want to include in the group email.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Above, I meant it will show the recents from all your contacts, regardless of letter. So any unused contact's email address would need to be used to add it to the recents list. Using the "_" will produce a more complete list.

Last edited:

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Above, I meant it will show the recents from all your contacts, regardless of letter. So any unused contact's email address would need to be used to add it to the recents list. Using the "_" will produce a more complete list.

But you still need select one name at a time. Right? I can't type the "_" symbol, choose a name...and keep choosing names. The recents list disappears and I have to do the whole type the "_" symbol, choose a name...cycle. Am I doing something wrong or is that what you meant?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But you still need select one name at a time. Right? I can't type the "_" symbol, choose a name...and keep choosing names. The recents list disappears and I have to do the whole type the "_" symbol, choose a name...cycle. Am I doing something wrong or is that what you meant?
After each address is selected, you do have to tap the "_" again. But it's right there on the keyboard. Takes about 1/10 of a second. If there's a way to do contact groups, i don't know. I was just showing a better way by having more contacts show in recents without having to type so many letters.

jrcase

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I will see if I can get into the habit of typing the letters and then choosing the correct address from that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234