Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Will Photo Burst and iCloud Photos be synced to other devices in iOS 8?

Hi,

I love the iPhone 5S' Photo Burst feature. It organises all the pics from one burst into 1 folder, and you can choose to keep them all or only your favourites/best photos.
    With iCloud Photos in iOS 8, will these "folders" be synced to other devices?
    It would be very convenient to be able to choose the best pics of them all on the larger screen of an iPad or Mac.
    Currently, all photos from one burst can be uploaded to Photo Stream, but they all become separate pictures. No "folder" which you can open and browse through.
    Does this change with iOS 8?

Default Re: Will Photo Burst and iCloud Photos be synced to other devices in iOS 8?

That would be great if that happens. I'm only running the beta on my 5S so I can't test it out. I'm sure someone running the beta on multiple devices will chime in.
    Thanked by:
    MarkVeldhuis (08-10-2014)
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    890 Global Posts

Default Re: Will Photo Burst and iCloud Photos be synced to other devices in iOS 8?

If it's burst I believe it will only be stored on the device. It may pick the best overall photo of the burst and add that to other devices in iCloud.
    Thanked by:
    MarkVeldhuis (08-11-2014)

Global Posts
    7,856 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

It works how you want it to! I just tried it between my iPhone and iPad. Didn't try with my Mac but I'm guessing that doesn't work until the new Photos app comes out I early 2015. Probably won't work with iPhoto.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Nanite

Awesome! Thanks for trying!
    No, I don't believe iPhoto will be updated to work with photo bursts. But I'm hoping (and expecting) the new Mac Photos app to support them, now that I know that iOS syncs them, including those handy "folders".
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Nanite

Oh, one more thing: Are you also able to view the iPhone 5S' slo-mo videos on your iPad?

Global Posts
    7,856 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVeldhuis View Post
    Oh, one more thing: Are you also able to view the iPhone 5S' slo-mo videos on your iPad?
    I'm at work now. I'll try to remember to test this out later today at home. Feel free to PM me if I don't remember.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7,856 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Yes
    Thanked by:
    MarkVeldhuis (08-12-2014)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts

Any iOS device running iOS 7 & higher. (iPod touch & 4S only tested)
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Nanite

Yay! Thanks!